How to Use an Event Volunteer Application Template
Looking for an event volunteer application form to use for your business? We’ve got a template ready to be customized for your needs today.Vorlage herunterladen
From charity runs to parades and everything in between, volunteers keep events running smoothly. In return, they enjoy the opportunity to interact with community members and boost their resumes. Not just anybody is worthy of volunteer positions, however.
Ideally, all aspiring volunteers will complete detailed applications that outline their experience and explain why they want to help out at various events. These applications can also serve practical functions, such as streamlining the scheduling process and providing a clear point of reference for emergency information.
Interested in vetting prospective volunteers with help from an application template? Keep reading to learn the following:
- Essentials That Every Event Volunteer Application Should Include
- Options for Customizing an Event Volunteer Application Template
- Best Practices During the Volunteer Application Process
Essentials That Every Event Volunteer Application Should Include
As you use an event volunteer application template, remember the main goal of this document: to determine which volunteers are best suited for each position. This will be easier to discern when the form includes these essentials:
- Contact information. How do you anticipate getting in touch with applicants? Encourage them to submit both email addresses and phone numbers. They should also highlight their preferred method of contact.
- Volunteer experience. Why is the applicant qualified for the volunteer position? This section may prompt potential volunteers to outline their paid and unpaid work experience, as well as their academic history and certifications.
- Volunteer preferences. The most effective volunteers are excited about the unique roles they play in the events they support. To promote such passion, give volunteers the chance to highlight their preferred positions. They can also explain how the academic and work background outlined earlier in the application will play into their contributions to the event.
- Criminal background. Give applicants an opportunity to explain whether they've been convicted of any crimes, and if so, the extenuating circumstances surrounding these incidents. This section is most important for events involving children or other potentially vulnerable populations.
- Medical and insurance details. Explain that your organization will be discharged from any medical claims or treatments that arise due to volunteers' participation in events. Furthermore, the document should make it clear that volunteers need to procure their own insurance coverage.
Options for Customizing an Event Volunteer Application Template
In addition to the basic information highlighted above, volunteer applications can be customized to include details that might only be relevant to certain events. Feel free to add these extra sections when desired:
- Event details. If you run several events, it may be difficult to keep track of which aspiring volunteers apply for certain opportunities. Clarify by including a section that outlines the name, date, and address of each event. Be sure to adjust this section regularly, as new events call for new applicants.
- Clothing sizes. Often, volunteers are asked to wear branded T-shirts or other targeted apparel during events. In other cases, free clothing is provided in recognition of volunteers' services. Either way, sizing details can be incorporated into the application.
Best Practices During the Volunteer Application Process
How you customize volunteer application templates matters. These best practices will help you select excellent volunteers for each event:
- Provide open-ended prompts or questions. If you want detailed descriptions of applicants' experience or areas of passion, encourage them to get descriptive with open-ended prompts.
- Include a section for parents or guardians to sign. Adolescents often make excellent volunteers, but their parents should sign applications on their behalf.
Next Steps for Event Volunteer Selection
Now that you know how to customize an event volunteer application template, it's time to get the document signed. A streamlined workflow is essential, particularly if you anticipate a high volume of applications. Look to Nitro Sign for a convenient and highly secure solution. Don't hesitate to take advantage of our free trial, which will give you insight into how this approach works and why it's so effective.