Nitro products are regularly updated with new features, enhancements and bug fixes. Minor updates (from version 11.1 to 11.2, for example) are available free of charge for users with a valid license.
Latest Nitro Pro 11
Release date: December 12, 2016
Release Notes »
|Version||Release Date||Latest Download|
|Nitro Pro 10||August 5, 2016||32-bit 64-bit|
Nitro has historically had very few security updates or patches (only 2 in the past 5 years). When security issues are identified, Nitro prioritizes them for resolution and release based on their risk and severity. If a security update is released in the future, it will be made available on this page for Nitro Personal (individual) users. Nitro Business customers with 11 or more users may contact their Nitro Account Manager for access to the security fix and deployment instructions. In the unlikely event of a high severity security fix, Nitro Enterprise customers with a dedicated Customer Success Manager will receive notice and fix deployment instructions. Security is a key concern and major design tenet for Nitro Engineering. Through proactive security design and testing, Nitro is proud to have had so few security updates.
Security updates available for Nitro Pro
Nitro Pro 10 Release date: February 3, 2017
Nitro Pro 11 Release date: March 10, 2017
Last Updated: February 3, 2017
Summary: Nitro has released an update for Nitro Pro 10 (and will soon release an update for Nitro Pro 11), which addresses two potential security vulnerabilities. If exploited, an attacker could access a user’s desktop computer, install a malicious program, and then get the user to open a malicious PDF file using a version of Nitro Pro that contains the vulnerability. This could cause a memory corruption that could crash Nitro Pro, and potentially trigger the malicious program installed earlier.
|Nitro Pro||11.0.3 and lower||Windows|
Nitro has released an update for Nitro Pro 10 (and will soon release an update for Nitro Pro 11). Nitro recommends updating to the latest version using the installers below:
Fixed security issues where the application could potentially allow remote code to be executed, and cause a memory corruption unexpectedly when parsing certain PDF files that contain corrupted information - acknowledgement to Cisco Talos
For more information, please contact the Nitro Security Team at email@example.com
Nitro System Requirements & Deployment Options
Nitro supports most common deployment methods and system requirements, making it fast and easy to deploy, maintain and update across large enterprises.
Client-side deployment (push installations)
- Industry standard deployment tools. Install and manage our software using Microsoft Active Directory (AD), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), or other deployment managers that support Microsoft Installer (MSI) files.
- Command line installation for silent, automated activation of serial numbers.
- Nitro Pro also works with roaming profiles so users can access their own preferences from whatever computers they access on networks running AD.
- PDF for Citrix and Terminal Server Software
- Nitro products support server-based hosting, allowing you to run and manage Nitro from one central location with:
- Remote Desktop Services
- Terminal Services
- Citrix XenApp (Published Desktop/Application)
Nitro Pro Desktop System Requirements
- Desktops: Windows 10, 8, and 7 (64 bit)
- Servers: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, and 2012 R2 (64 bit)
- Processor: 1.5 GHz or faster
- RAM: 1GB
- Available Hard Disk Space: 4.5GB
- Display screen resolution: 1024x768
- Microsoft Office Integrated Features: MS Office 2013+
- Video hardware acceleration (optional)
Nitro Cloud Browser Requirements (in addition to desktop requirements above)
- Microsoft Windows 10 using Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, or Chrome
- Microsoft Windows 8 or 7 using Internet Explorer 10 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
- Mac OS X v10.9 or later using Safari 9 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
- Mobile browsers:
- iPad Tablets: Chrome and Safari (down to 768px or 7” equivalent to iPad portrait)
- Android Tablets: Chrome (down to 768px or 7”)
- Other tablets and smartphones: Receiving, viewing and e-signing documents are supported on all devices and all browsers.
- The Nitro Pro desktop app is available in the following languages:
- The Nitro Cloud browser app is available in English only.
Software Sunset Policy
Scope of Policy
1.1. The Software Sunset Policy ('the Policy') applies to the following products:
- Nitro Pro
- Nitro Reader
1.2. The following products are discountinued and do not fall under the scope of the Policy:
- Nitro PDF Express
1.2.1. No updates or releases (major or minor, critical or otherwise) will be supplied for discountinued products.
Critical updates are a subset of minor updates and are aimed at resolving the following product issues:
- Security risks - Issues within the software that, if not addressed, would allowed unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of information on a user's computer or connected computers.
- Fatal software issues - Issues within functions that are always accessed, that can be always replicated and have no workaround.
- Critical software issues - Issues within functions that are can be always be or often replicated and have a severe workaround.
Current release means the latest major upgrade in the market.
Major upgrade means products released to market where the version major number increments (eg Nitro Pro v7 to Nitro Pro v8).
Minor updates means products released to market where the version minor, build or revision numbers increments (eg Nitro Pro v8 to Nitro Pro v8.1). Minor updates are often used to introduce small feature improvements and critical/non-critical updates.
Premium support means prioritized ticketed support in addition to phone and live chat support within west coast business hours.
Previous release means the major upgrade immediately preceding the current release.
Prior releases means the major upgrades older than the prior release.
Products With respect to the Policy, products include Nitro Pro, Nitro Reader and PrimoPDF.
Software Assurance means Software Assurance or SA (previously known as the Nitro SAP - Software Assurance Program). This gives the user all major upgrades and minor updates, unlimited access to Premium Support and the Nitro Customer Success and Service Team through a dedicated support phone number, for a period of 12 months from the purchase date.
Software Sunset Policy ('The Policy')
Important The following should be viewed as guidelines, rather than strict rules.
3.1. Unless specified to the contrary, Nitro will provide minor updates for the current release, until such time as a new major upgrade is released.
3.2. Unless specified to the contrary, Nitro will only provide critical updates for the previous release, until such time as a new major upgrade is released.
3.3. Unless specified to the contrary, Nitro will not provide any minor updates or critical updates for prior releases.
3.4. Minor updates and critical updates will be supplied, regardless of a customer's software assurance status.Transitioning between release phases
3.5. When a new major upgrade is released to market:
- It becomes the current release;
- The existing current release becomes the previous release; and
- The previous release becomes a discontinued release.
3.6. Nitro will only provide critical updates for the current release of PrimoPDF
Current Product Status
|Nitro Pro 11||23-November-2016||Current|
|Nitro Pro 10||09-June-2015||Previous|
|Nitro Pro 9||30-Sep-2013||Discontinued|
|Nitro Pro 8||12-Sep-2012||Discontinued|
|Nitro Pro 7||02-Nov-2011||Discontinued|
|Nitro Pro 6||15-Jun-2009||Discontinued|
|Nitro Pro 5||01-Mar-2007||Discontinued|
|Nitro Reader 5||9-Mar-2016||Current|
|Nitro Reader 3||10-Oct-2012||Discontinued|
|Nitro Reader 2||21-Jun-2011||Discontinued|
|Nitro Reader 1||25-May-2010||Discontinued|
|Nitro Express 2||21-Dec-2009||Discontinued|
|Nitro Express 1||01-Jun-2007||Discontinued|
Nitro's rights under the policy
5.1. Nitro reserves the right to alter, append or repeal part or all of the Policy at any time.
5.2. Nitro reserves the right to make exceptions to the Policy on a case-by-case basis.