What happens when you need to split a large PDF into multiple files? Nitro has you covered with a quick and easy guide on how to split a PDF into multiple pages.
Chances are you know how to convert a Word document to a PDF and back again, but what happens when you need to split a large PDF into multiple files? Say you want to share one section of a multi-page report with a customer, or you want to publish only one article from a magazine in PDF format on your website?
Never fear! Nitro has you covered with a quick and easy guide on how to split a PDF into multiple pages:
How to use the split feature in Nitro PDF Pro
Nitro PDF Pro™ makes splitting a PDF file into individual pages super simple and gives you advanced tools to copy pages from existing PDFs and reuse them to assemble new files. If you want to create a new report using features from several already existing reports or create several short reports from a large one, the split feature can provide an easy assist. Just follow these steps:
1. Open your document in Nitro PDF Pro.
2. Navigate to the Page Layout tab, and select Split. (If you haven’t already saved changes to the file, Nitro will ask you to save it first.)
3. Once a new window opens for Split Pages, you can change the Splitting Method, General Settings, and Output Destination.
4. After selecting your settings, select “Split” to run the tool.
Check Out Our Online Guide to Creating PDFs
A few tips on PDF split methods and settings
When you’re in Step 3 of splitting your PDF into multiple files, you’ll have the option to make several adjustments:
- Choosing the splitting method allows you to select the page range for each of your PDF output files.
- Adjusting General Settings lets you optimize your split PDF files for web display, meaning navigational elements, such as links and bookmarks, will still work.
- Selecting your output destination enables you to choose where on your computer the split files will appear. You can also change the file name for your split PDF here.