Nitro regularly releases updated products with new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
Latest version: 18.104.22.168
Release date: November 13, 2019
Updates & Enhancements
We have made some stability improvements to Nitro Pro, which have resulted in a more robust and reliable application.
- Improvements have been made to the way Nitro Pro constructs and handles cache files
- Stability when working with security profiles has been improved
- Stability when manipulating images within a PDF has been improved
- Various other stability improvements have also been made
- In this Nitro Pro update, customers will see improvements to the User Experience of securing documents with a password, making document restrictions more clearly identifiable.
- This Nitro Pro update includes improvements to the way documents are handled during OCR. If a document undergoing OCR contains empty pages, the file size of the resulting document will be more optimized.
- Nitro Pro previously had an issue when printing to Kyocera printers. The issue has been resolved in this update and documents are now being printed to Kyocera printers successfully.
- This release resolves an issue where users were unable to copy an image to the clipboard using the select tool. The function is now working as intended.
- Customers who use an 18-digit serial key to activate Nitro Pro can now use proxy settings to activate and deactivate the application as expected.
Some customers have been experiencing an issue where their activated Nitro Pro license reverts back to a trial state. Investigation is ongoing and customers will be notified immediately when a fix is available. In the meantime, you may follow the workaround below to continue using Nitro Pro as expected.
- Find and delete the following folder on the machine where Nitro Pro is installed: %programdata%/Nitro/Pro/13/Nalpeiron. Then, start Nitro Pro and activate your license again.
This release resolves a stability issue in Nitro Pro related to temporary file handling.
This release resolves an issue that caused Nitro Pro to close unexpectedly when opening certain PDF documents containing images.
Updates & Enhancements
System Tray Application Enhancements
The System Tray App, which is exclusively available to Online customers, has been refreshed with a more modern UI for an improved user experience. Additional enhancements help Nitro Pro users onboard quicker and easier. These include:
- The Discover Tab, which offers guides to Nitro Pro's top workflows
- One-click access to Recent Documents
- Shortcuts to the Nitro User Guide and Nitro Cloud's eSigning and sharing workflows
Another new addition to the System Tray App is Nitro's Environmental Impact Score, which illustrates how the use of Nitro Pro drives environmental sustainability. The Environmental Impact Score presents information, like the number of trees saved and average number of pages not printed, over a period of time for each user. This new feature will help Nitro users become more aware of how activities like printing negatively impact the environment and how using Nitro instead can produce positive change.
This new feature enables users to add a collection of tools to a customizable ribbon tab in Nitro Pro. Especially helpful for users who complete the same processes every day, the Customize Tab gives users a place to group tools together based on their workflow needs. Users can also rename the tab to reflect their use case; for example, "Legal Review Tools" or "Purchase Orders".
Nitro Pro Home Screen
To help users kickstart their workflows, the new Home screen in Nitro Pro appears on opening to provide quick access to helpful tools and resources:
- Create PDF so users can quickly open any supported document type as a PDF in Nitro Pro
- Create and Combine so users can combine multiple documents of any supported file type into one PDF
- How-to Guides that help familiarize users with Nitro Pro's top five workflows
- Recent Document so users have quick access to the files they've recently worked with
- Pinned Documents so users can reference important or frequently used documents with one click
- Find Documents so users can quickly search through Recent and Pinned documents
- This release includes improvements to the rendering of form elements, such as checkboxes, to support compatibility with other PDF readers.
- Various bug fixes, stability, and security improvements have been built into the release.
- Occasionally, some users experienced a reboot upon deployment of Nitro Pro in enterprise environments. Administrators are advised to use a /norestart when deploying Nitro Pro in an enterprise environment.
- Occasionally, users who use proxy settings may experience some issues when activating or deactivating Nitro Pro. This will only affect Business and Online users.
- In rare cases, when the Nalpeiron local file is corrupted, Nitro Pro will become expired and the user will be unable to retry the key activation.
- Find and delete the following folder: %programdata%/Nitro/Pro/13/Nalpeiron. Then, start Nitro Pro and activate again.
- In some cases for trial users, Nitro Pro will not display the number of days remaining during the trial period.
- In some cases, when performing an OCR operation to a document that contains empty pages, the resulting file may slightly increase in size.
- Occasionally, when performing an OCR operation, Nitro Pro may produce duplicate content in the resulting file. This can affect Nitro's search functionality, which may display a double result.
- In some cases, when copying/pasting form properties, the pasted properties may not appear as expected.
- Nitro Pro may not save changes applied to attachments of a PDF document.
- Use the Save As function to save the PDF attachment as a new document.
- Users may not be able to copy an image to a clipboard by using the Select tool.
- Copy and paste images using the Edit tool instead
- When copying an image from Nitro Pro to another application:
- Click Home and select a Snapshot tool
- Click Home and select Text/Graphic, then right-click on the image, extract, and drag/drop the image to the desired application.
Updates & Enhancements
This release of Nitro Pro includes enhancements to the OCR function, which turns scanned documents into searchable and editable PDFs.
- Increased performance; Nitro Pro's OCR function now processes much faster compared to previous versions
- Increased quality of results when using OCR on scanned documents, including:
- More accurate recognition of text, including special characters
- More precise rendering of stylized content, such as 'bold' and 'italic' fonts
- Improved recognition of images and company logos
Worksite 9 Enhancements
Improvements have been made to the overall reliability and functionality of the Worksite 9 connector to Nitro Pro to deliver the best experience possible.
- Enhancements have been made in the area of Digital Signatures. Digital Signatures will work as expected and will correctly recognize validation and signature information for Worksite documents.
- Improvements have been made to the process of checking Worksite documents in and out. Nitro Pro will function reliably when Worksite documents are being opened, edited, and saved using check-in and check-out functionality.
- Bates numbering will work as expected for Worksite documents.
- Various other improvements have been made in areas such as saving, file name inconsistencies, DeskSite improvements, and redaction.
- It is important to note that Nitro Pro 12.16 is the last build that will support a Worksite 9 integration.
Compiler Upgrade / Okta
Nitro Pro users who use Okta as their Single Sign-On (SSO) provider to authenticate from within Nitro Pro will now be able to log in to Nitro Cloud, OneDrive 365, and SharePoint 365 from within Nitro Pro.
System Tray App - Discover Tab
This version includes a new onboarding experience meant to help familiarize users with common features and tools in Nitro Pro. Located in the System Tray App (STA), which is only available in Retail builds, the Discover Tab presents Nitro Pro's top 5 workflows and guides users through various steps to completion in an interactive sample PDF. Users can also track their progress through the top 5 workflows in the STA's Discover Tab.
The top 5 workflows include:
- Edit Text & Images
- Create & Organize
- Convert & Combine
- Review & Annotate
At any time, users can revisit the Discover Tab to get a refresh on how to use these key features in Nitro.
- Nitro Pro had an issue where a PDF file would not print if that filename contained special characters, such as dots. The issue has been rectified and Nitro Pro now prints files as expected.
- The usability of Nitro Pro's print dialog has been improved, allowing users to access the Print button without scrolling.
- In some rare cases, Nitro Pro would produce blank documents, or documents with content partially missing. This issue was caused by fonts that Nitro is unable to recognize or substitue, but has been resolved.
When using the OCR function in Japanese and Chinese languages, the end result is inaccurate and in some cases can produce symbols instead of characters. This does not affect any other languages.
Updates & Enhancements
Nitro Pro will now open files from SharePoint locations, where documents contain long paths, without triggering an error message.
Various improvements have been made to Nitro Pro's Worksite connector:
- When a Worksite document contains a description which exceeds 248 characters, Nitro Pro will no longer crash and will open the document as expected.
- When saving a Worksite document which contains a digital signature or certificate to a new file, the digital signature or certificate on the original document will remain valid.
- Users can now apply digital signatures or certificates on Worksite documents with accurate validity information and without errors.
The creation of a PDF document fails when using the 32_64 bit build of Nitro Pro. This issue appears only in 32_64 bit builds and does not impact any other builds. Only Nitro Enterprise customers using Worksite are affected. It is recommended that these customers use the Nitro Pro 12.10 32_64 bit installer instead as we work to fix this issue.
Updates & Enhancements
System Tray Application
This release introduces the System Tray App (STA), a new feature giving users a shortcut to perform certain Nitro actions. The System Tray App is for Online customers only, and will be automatically installed during the Nitro Pro installation process. From the app, users can:
- See a list of recent documents and open them in Nitro Pro.
- Quickly access Nitro help
- Launch Nitro Cloud from within the System Tray App
Nitro Pro has an issue with annotations, and in some cases the following actions have resulted in Nitro Pro crashing:
- Adding an annotation and then immediately using the 'undo' function
- Deleting an annotation that contains a reply
Updates & Enhancements
- Nitro Pro now remembers the last printer used, making it the default printer for the next print job. This makes users more efficient by removing the need to continually set printer preferences.
- Nitro Pro has improved usability when searching and redacting PDF documents. Search results will remain in the Search and Redact panel after canceling a redaction operation, enabling the user to quickly resume their search without having to re-enter the search terms.
- Nitro Pro has enhanced the user experience of opening web links from within PDF documents. It will recognize and open a wider variety of web links, such as a web link that does not include www or http in the URL.
- Nitro Pro has improved the experience of digitally signing and locking a PDF document. Nitro Pro will now display the time at which the document was locked after signing in the Audit Trail.
- When converting an Excel document containing links into PDF format using Nitro's Microsoft Office add-ons, Nitro Pro now provides a more accurate result by ensuring the links within the document are displayed correctly.
- In some cases, when converting an Excel document with multiple sheets to PDF using Nitro Pro's Office add-on, Nitro Pro would produce an error. This has been resolved, and Excel files with multiple sheets can now be converted to PDF accurately.
Nitro Pro has improved stability, especially when opening a large number of PDF files.
- Nitro Pro does not delete security profiles. No functionality is affected; users are able to use their security profiles as desired.
- Nitro Pro will show an error when applying a digital signature or certificate to a PDF document if the user has a Worksite 9 integration installed.
Updates & Enhancements
This release includes number of bug fixes that improve the Nitro Pro user experience.
- Previously, Nitro Pro required Windows Explorer to restart during the product upgrade process. To improve automated deployment of Nitro Pro, Windows Explorer will no longer restart when upgrading from version 12.0 (or later) to subsequent versions of Nitro Pro.
- An issue caused Nitro Pro to crash when loading the IRS 1040 document. This has now been fixed.
- Previously, links to places within a document did not function correctly after converting a Word document to PDF. This has now been fixed.
- When copying pages in Nitro Pro, if a document had an attachment, it was treated like a page attachment and copied. Nitro Pro now only copies attachments which are attached to the page being copied.
- Previously, Nitro Pro allowed users perform a split operation on signed documents. Nitro Pro now disables the split option for signed documents.
XFA Document Message
Nitro Pro now provides a more user-friendly message when XFA documents, created specifically for Adobe Reader, are opened in Nitro Pro.
Updates & Enhancements
Nitro Pro 12.9 has an improved Bates Numbering feature for large documents. Documents containing thousands of pages can now be processed more reliably, enabling organizations to efficiently index their documents for easier identification and retrieval.
Nitro Pro 12.9 now works better with Worksite 9 Document Management Systems. When opening documents directly from a Worksite file system to edit in Nitro Pro, or when creating new files, Nitro Pro will behave as follows:
- When using the Save function, the current version of the file will be overwritten by default. The document will be checked in upon closing.
- When using the Save As function, a dialog will be presented with the following options:
- Overwrite current version
- Check in as new version
- Save as a new document
Updates & Enhancements
User Experience Enhancements
Nitro Pro 12.8 includes numerous user experience improvements that make it faster, easier, and more intuitive for users to work with Nitro Pro.
- A ‘Find’ button has been added to Nitro Pro’s home tab, so users can quickly open the Search Panel to locate words or phrases within PDF files.
- When saving a document as a PDF from Nitro PDF Creator and Microsoft Office add-ons, Save dialogs now offer a “Favorites” option, enabling users to more quickly save documents to frequently-accessed locations.
- Nitro Pro users will now be notified when an XFA file has been opened. Nitro does not fully support XFA files, as the format is proprietary to Adobe and is not ISO standard. Therefore, upon opening an XFA file in Nitro Pro, users will be informed that the contents of the document may not be accurately displayed or saved.
- Nitro Pro has improved font detection, enabling users with a wider variety of custom fonts when converting documents from PDF.
OCR (Optical Character Recognition) Improvements
This release also includes improvements to Nitro Pro's OCR capabilities, which enable users to transform scanned documents into searchable and editable PDF files. The enhancements available in Nitro Pro 12.8 include:
- Quality improvements that enable more accurate and effective editing of scanned documents
- Better support for large files on that are made searchable with OCR
- In some cases, Nitro Pro would crash during the process of deleting all bookmarks. The issue has been resolved and users can now delete all bookmarks successfully.
- In some custom environments, Nitro PDF Creator would hang when documents were sent for printing. This issue has been resolved and Nitro PDF Creator works as expected.
- On occasion, when converting an MS Office document containing special characters to PDF, Nitro Pro would not correctly display the content. This issue has been resolved and special characters are now displayed accurately when converting documents.
- When opening documents from Google Drive, users can now see the document's file size.
- Users can now create extra large form fields, measuring up to 130x130in (330.2x330.2cm).
- In some cases, when exporting comments of a PDF document into a new XFDF format, Nitro Pro would crash. This issue has been resolved, and users can now export comments as expected.
- In some cases, stamps placed on a PDF document with mixed page orientations would rotate after application, causing incorrect stamp placement. This issue has been resolved and stamps no longer rotate on documents with mixed page orientations.
Features & Enhancements
SharePoint 2013/2016 add-on (Out of Beta!)
The SharePoint Internet Explorer add-on was released in Nitro Pro 12.3 as a Beta feature. Some significant improvements have been made to make this feature stable and much more user-friendly.
The SharePoint 2013/2016 Internet Explorer add-on enables users to open documents stored in SharePoint locations directly from their browser. Users have options to check the files out, edit in Nitro, and check them back in, without the need to open SharePoint.
- Check out and check in functionality, allowing users to check the files out for editing, essentially locking them from other users
- Version control is supported, enabling users to choose minor or major version when saving (determined by SharePoint configuration)
- Save As functionality, enabling users to save documents as new back to SharePoint location
- Faster, more convenient to work directly within Internet Explorer
- No need to open SharePoint and navigate complex folder structures
- Files get instantly updated to SharePoint
- Nitro Pro has improved usability when opening multiple SharePoint documents at the same time. Nitro Pro will process and open (or check out) the documents sequentially. This results in better user experience when working with documents from SharePoint locations.
- Occasionally, when opening multiple files rapidly, Nitro Pro produced several error messages, where if a user clicked on the error messages in a specific manner, it would cause Nitro Pro to crash. This specific error would appear only if SharePoint credentials were removed from Windows Credential manager. The issue has been resolved and Nitro Pro works as expected for multiple-requests scenarios.
Nitro Pro no longer supports DMS integrations via Omtool. Omtool is a 3rd party provider which enables users to connect to DMS locations via Nitro Pro. Nitro Pro will no longer support integrations via Omtool to these DMS systems:
- In some cases, when upgrading Nitro Pro to version 12, MS Office add-ons did not behave as expected and in some occurrences were not correctly installed. Nitro Pro users can now successfully upgrade Nitro to version 12. Office add-ons are successfully installed and behave as expected.
- Nitro Pro had an issue when upgrading Nitro Pro to version 12, sometimes Microsoft add-ons did not work as expected. This issue has been resolved, users are able to upgrade to Nitro Pro 12 with Microsoft Office add-ons being successfully installed.
- Nitro Pro had an issue where document file size was not being displayed when opening documents from Google Drive. The issue has been resolved and document size for Google Drive files is being displayed in Nitro Pro User Interface.
- Nitro Pro has improved usability when using ‘Insert’ functionality for password protected documents. Users will be asked for a document password when inserting files for a password protected document. In cases where the password entered is incorrect, and a correct password follows, files will be added as expected.
- Occasionally, when opening specific documents, Nitro Pro was unable to open the documents and produced an error. This issue has been resolved.
- Nitro Pro has improved the user experience for combining multiple documents. The ‘Combine Files’ dialog can now be expanded to provide more space so that users can work with multiple files faster and more conveniently.
Features & Enhancements
SharePoint Internet Explorer Add-on (Beta)
- Nitro has improved the usability of check out process. When checking a document out, the file path now provides the file name and server where the file is located.
- In some cases, when a user tried to save a document but had read-only permissions or the document had been checked out, Nitro Pro would stop working after the user would click 'OK' on an error message in a certain workflow. This issue has been resolved; Nitro Pro works as expected when saving documents with certain permissions or that have been checked out by a different user.
SharePoint 2013/2016 Integration
- Users are now able to open SharePoint documents within Nitro Pro by pasting a sharepoint link to the document in Windows File Explorer. This functionality can speed up the process of opening SharePoint documents in Nitro Pro.
- Users are now able to save documents to SharePoint using Windows File Explorer, This feature supports check-in functionality.
- Nitro Pro has added support for mounted drives. This will enable users to open and save SharePoint documents faster.
- Nitro Pro has an improved OCR (Optical Character Recognition) engine, which enables users to turn scanned documents or images into editable and searchable PDFs.
- Nitro Pro can now process much larger files when using the OCR tool
- Users will notice speed improvements when using OCR on most files
- Stability improvements will ensure OCR operations run smoothly
- When upgrading to Nitro Pro version 12, Microsoft Office add-ons may in some cases not work as expected.
- Workaround: Uninstall the older version of Nitro Pro and install a new one. Microsoft add-ons will work as expected.
Features & Enhancements
SharePoint Internet Explorer Add-on (Beta)
- Nitro Pro has improved the usability of cancelling processes. In rare cases, when cancelling a Save process, Nitro Pro would still save the changes onto the server. This issue has been resolved, resulting in a better user experience.
- Nitro Pro had an issue where a modal dialog would be lost in the background and the Nitro icon would not appear in the task bar, often resulting in user confusion. This issue has been fixed, and the Nitro Pro icon will always be visible in the task bar, promoting a better user experience.
- The ‘Repeat Mark Across Pages’ button is now enabled for signed, not fully locked documents and documents with all permissions enabled, resulting in faster workflows.
- In some cases when using a premium feature in the trial version of Nitro Pro, clicking the Close button on the Upgrade Nitro Pro dialog won’t close the dialog.
Workaround: Click the “No, thanks” button instead and the dialog will close as expected.
- A document’s size is not displayed when opening documents from or saving to Google Drive.
Features & Enhancements:
Nitro Pro has introduced a number of stability improvements. Crashes had been observed in some specific scenarios:
- when opening some specific files in Nitro Pro
- when using ‘Make Copies’ option for form fields
- when using a Ctrl+F shortcut
- when creating a new QuickSign signature from file, where a user didn’t have any QuickSign signatures saved previously
- when deleting items from ‘Current Items’ in a Combo Box field (Fields-Properties)
All issues have been resolved and crashes no longer take place.
SharePoint Internet Explorer Add-on (Beta)
Occasionally, Nitro Pro did not provide an option for users to discard a check-out. The issue has been resolved and users are able to discard check-outs as expected.
- Nitro Pro had an issue when scanning multi-page documents, resulting in only the final scanned page being created in PDF. The issue has been resolved and scanning multi-page documents works as expected.
- When cancelling or closing a Save dialog, Nitro Pro will now successfully close the dialog instead of presenting it continually, as was the case in certain scenarios.
- One Drive Personal and One Drive for Business have been merged into one service which has been renamed simply One Drive. Both personal and business users can now log in using One Drive.
SharePoint Internet Explorer Add-on (Beta)
- A connection error appears when trying to Save a document back to SharePoint 2013/2016 using the Nitro Pro SharePoint Internet Explorer add-on.
- A user can Save a PDF document without extension to SharePoint, but although the file is saved, the user will not be able to open the file.
- Workaround: Ensure files have correct extensions when saving to SharePoint.
- In some cases, an error will appear when saving documents as new to SharePoint 2013/2016.
Features & Enhancements:
Nitro Pro SharePoint 2013/2016 Internet Explorer Add-on (Beta)
*This feature has been released in beta and will be improved incrementally with future versions.
SharePoint 2013/2016 Internet Explorer add-on enables users to open documents stored in SharePoint locations directly from their browser. Users have options to check the files out, edit in Nitro and check them back in, without the need to open SharePoint.
- The check out and check in functionality is enabled. Users can check a file out for editing, preventing others from editing until the document has been checked back in.
- Version control is supported, enabling users to choose between a minor or major version when saving (determined by SharePoint configuration).
- Save As functionality is supported, enabling users to save documents as new back to the SharePoint location.
- The add-on makes it faster and more convenient to work directly within Internet Explorer.
- There is no longer a need to open SharePoint and navigate complex folder structures in order to access documents.
- Saved files are automaticaly updated in SharePoint.
Nitro Pro has resolved an issue with the Nitro Cloud connection. When using the Request Signature feature in Nitro Pro, a web browser opens and re-directs the user to Nitro Cloud as expected.
SharePoint 2013/2016 Internet Explorer Add-on (Beta)
*This feature has been released in beta and will be improved incrementally with future versions.
- After closing a SharePoint document, users experience a long delay before they receive a message about checking said document back in, or keeping it checked out. This delay can create confusion about which document the message pertains to.
- In some cases, the Check Out and Open, Save, or other SharePoint error messages are hidden in the background. As a result, the user only sees the active progress bar, giving the impression that the application is hanging.
- If a user’s SharePoint credentials are not saved and the user closes Nitro before entering their SharePoint credentials into the Windows Security dialog, Nitro Pro can leave a zombie process that prevents a user from continuing to work.
Workaround: Open Windows Task Manager, find the running Nitro Pro process, then stop/kill the process.
- A crash has been observed when using a https protocol when saving a document as a new file.
Workaround: Use http protocol when saving the document as a new file.
- Occasionally, when editing a document which has been kept as checked out, Nitro Pro Nitro Pro does not provide the ability to discard a check out.
Workaround: Open and close the Sharepoint document again.
- There is a regression in the SharePoint DMS related to the Add Place feature. The ‘Keep the file checked out’ option is not working in the check-in options dialog.
Note: This issue exists in the older CMIS-based SharePoint integration. Customers who keep this disabled, which is the default setting in the Deployment utility, will not encounter this issue.
Features & Enhancements:
Digital Signatures & Certificates
Nitro Pro has expanded support for the Chain of Trust feature. In cases where a valid Root Certificate was not installed on a user's machine, Nitro Pro did not allow the validation of a signature by adding it to trusted contacts. We have added support allowing signatures that were not self-signed to be validated manually using trusted contacts.
Scanned Document Improvements
Nitro Pro has improved support for scanned documents in Windows 7 operating systems. Infrequently, instances of documents being clipped after scanning were reported; this issue has now been resolved.
Features & Enhancements:
Digital Signatures and Certificates
- Nitro Pro has improved security for digitally signed and certified documents. Users are no longer able to remove metadata from certified documents with 'Allow comments and form-fill' permissions and from all digitally signed documents. 'Remove metadata' button is disabled.
- Nitro Pro had a compatibility issue with Adobe Acrobat when locking a document after signing. This issue has been resolved; when a document is created and digitally signed with 'Lock document' permissions in Adobe Acrobat, it will unlock all fields when clearing a self-signed digital signature in Nitro Pro.
- Nitro Pro had a compatibility issue with Adobe Acrobat when a document was signed and locked in Adobe Acrobat. The issue has been resolved; clearing self-signatures and adding new signatures is now enabled in Nitro Pro when documents are created in Adobe Acrobat.
- Nitro Pro had an issue with a certain workflow of signature validation. When digitally signing a document into a field that was originally a certificate field, Nitro Pro will no longer permit editing the document and the correct signature validity icon will be presented.
- Users are no longer able to add attachments for digitally signed documents. The 'Add' button in the Attachments panel is now disabled for all digitally signed documents.
SharePoint 365 Improvements
- Nitro Pro has improved functionality when saving files to SharePoint 365 locations. When a user is working with a SharePoint file which hasn't been checked out, users will now be presented with an option to check that document in upon completion of the 'Save' operation.
Nitro Cloud Integration
- Nitro Pro had an issue when requesting a signature via Nitro Cloud. This issue occurred when users were signed into Nitro Cloud for a longer period of time. The issue has been resolved and users can now successfully request signatures via Nitro Cloud.
Improvements on App-V Environment
- When using Nitro Pro in certain App-V environments, the 'Create PDF' button is now enabled, even if there is no document open. This enhancement enables users to create a PDF regardless of whether there are other documents open.
- Nitro Pro had an issue with the installation process when installing on fresh machines on certain App-V environments. The issue has been resolved; Nitro Pro installs successfully.
- Nitro Pro now has the capability to switch the default Internet Explorer add-ons between Nitro Pro and Adobe Acrobat in Nitro Preferences. This feature is supported in Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 operating systems.
- Unable to open PDF documents from Internet Explorer using Nitro Pro Internet Explorer add-on.
- An unexpected termination has been observed in a certain scenario, when adding a QuickSign signature to a document in the File-Print menu. This event can happen when a user has no QuickSign signature saved in Nitro Pro and attempts to add one from file.
- It is recommended that users create a QuickSign signature before adding a file-based signature in File-Print menu.
Digital Signature Enhancements
- Nitro Pro has optimized the process of digital signature validation, resulting in faster and more efficient digital signature workflows.
- Nitro Pro has expanded signature validity for documents with complex permissions. Nitro users are able to set a broader range of security permissions, allowing password-protected documents to be signed.
- We have improved our digital signature user experience, so notifications regarding document validity or modification are clearer and easier to see. Nitro Pro will notify users of the document's integrity status not only in signature properties, but also in the left signature panel, making it improbable to miss important document integrity statuses.
- In Nitro Pro, every digitally signed document will be protected from tampering or fraudulent changes to the content. Whiteout and Redaction tools are disabled, making it impossible to hide content on a digitally signed or certified document, so users can have peace of mind knowing their documents are secure.
- Nitro Pro now supports document versioning and revisions when it comes to digital signatures. If the signature of a digitally signed document is invalidated, Nitro Pro will allow the user to view the original, signed document as it was before any of the changes that caused signature's invalidation were made. Users can restore and compare document versions, allowing the changes to be tracked.
- Nitro Pro has expanded document security features, now enabling a document to be fully locked after digitally signing. This update will prevent any attempts to tamper with the document. In addition, any content editing--including adding annotations–will be prohibited.
- Nitro Pro had an issue that caused the Certificate Profiles dialog to be opened instead of Signature Profiles, when a new digital signature was being added to a previously cleared signature form field. This issue has been resolved. Nitro Pro will display correct dialogs when adding a digital signature or digital certificate.\Nitro Pro has improved left-side panel actions when working with digital signatures. To make digital signing workflows faster, users will be able to mark for redaction, add comments, and save redaction markings, all from a thumbnail view on digitally signed documents.
- Behavior of Multiple Instances feature has been improved when dragging and dropping digitally signed documents. Nitro Pro will show an error when combining (by drag and drop) two documents with identical signature fields. Nitro Pro will notify a user that identical digital signature form fields will be merged into one.
- We have improved the User Experience of the left-side 'thumbnails' panel and enabled more features. Users will now be able to mark pages or page ranges for redaction on a digitally signed document not only from the main menu, but also in the left-side panel.
- Nitro Pro has improved messaging when combining documents or inserting pages, so that any errors can be prevented. When combining two or more documents which include digital signature form fields, any identical digital signature form fields will be merged into one. Nitro Pro will display a message providing this information.
- Nitro Pro has refined security features for digitally signed or certified documents. The Whiteout tool is now disabled for all certified documents to ensure no content changes are allowed and documents are secure.
- Inserting new pages from the left-side panel into a digitally signed or certified document is now disabled to ensure digitally signed documents are secure and cannot be modified.
- Nitro Pro has improved functionality when combining documents and inserting pages with digital signatures. In such documents, digital signature fields will be cleared and identical fields merged. This will ensure that signed documents cannot be modified in any way.
- Nitro Pro has improved Page Layout functionality. Inserting pages into password-protected documents is now enabled, provided the user has the correct password for the document.
- Nitro Pro had an issue when renaming digital signature form fields with a preexisting name. This issue has been resolved - users will get an error notification to choose a different name.
- Nitro Pro has improved digital signature workflows, including an ability to certify documents with linked text and signature form fields. In prior versions, certification was shown as invalid when a document consisted of linked text and signature form fields. This issue has been resolved and works as expected.
- When clearing one's own digital signature from a document, a user can now add a new digital signature field in the same signature form field, so that users can speed up digital signature workflows.
- When combining digitally signed documents, Nitro Pro will correctly combine all form fields, including digitally signed fields, and digital signature fields will be cleared to prevent any fraudulent changes.
- Nitro Pro has improved workflows for documents with digital signatures. Users can now easily combine digitally signed documents for improved productivity.
- Nitro Pro users can perform complex tasks related to digital signatures, such as easily protecting selective form fields with other digital signature fields. This will enable only authorized persons to access certain form fields for filling or signing.
SharePoint 365 and OneDrive for Business integration
- Nitro Pro 12 now integrates with SharePoint 365 and OneDrive for Business. This new feature helps users to work with documents faster by enabling them to open and save files from/to SharePoint 365 and OneDrive for Business locations directly from Nitro Pro. There is no longer a need to download documents from these repositories before opening them in Nitro Pro, which enables our users to speed up their workflows.
- Nitro Pro has improved functionality when working with keyboard shortcuts. Users are able to modify and save keyboard shortcuts for various actions in Nitro Pro to make workflows even more efficient.
- A new, re-vamped search panel makes Nitro Pro even more user-friendly. Styling has been improved for better structuring and faster viewing, while some functions, such as common keyboard shortcuts, will enable users to search for and find information faster.
- Send documents for signature via Nitro Cloud faster than ever before. Users can now request electronic signatures with a single click straight from the Home Ribbon.
- Nitro Pro has a new, re-vamped, modern product tour, which highlights main features to give a quick head start for first time users.
- Re-sizing a QuickSign™ signature has become much more convenient. Nitro Pro now enables users to quickly re-size a QuickSign™ signature any time before the document is saved.
- A number of improvements were made in relation to both printing to PDF or a physical printer.
- Users can now see an accurate preview when printing multiple pages per sheet.
- Ability to choose printing properties, such as selecting specific pages for printing from the left hand-side panel.
- Nitro Pro has made significant improvements and enhancements in the quality of document conversion from PDF to both MS PowerPoint and Excel. This will enable users to quickly and easily convert documents for further editing with precise detail. We have improved conversion algorithm, resulting in more accurate and robust outcomes after conversion, when converting from PDF to MS PowerPoint or Excel:
- All content will be converted, including text, images and special symbols.
- Visible layout improvements after conversion, such as enhanced row and column detection will result in better document accuracy
- Font substitution has been improved resulting Nitro Pro to recognize fonts which will be identical or very close to the original
- Styling, such as font size and colors, cell size and colors, and table characteristics has also been improved
Other Improvements and Enhancements
- Nitro Pro has improved some workflows when using virtualized App V environment. Conversion of supported files to PDF using various methods, such as "drag and drop" and "from file," amongst others, have become more reliable.
- Saving documents which contained fillable form data to WorkSite is no longer an issue. User will be able to retain any fillable data and save to a chosen location.
- A number of other enhancements have been added to Nitro Pro resulting in better quality and stability.
- 'Repeat Mark Across Pages' button in 'Erase' ribbon is disabled for signed documents that are not fully locked.
Workaround: Repeat markups manually by drawing a redaction rectangle on the pages as needed.
- 'Summarize Comments' and 'Summarize Comments and Print' under 'Review' tab are disabled for documents that are digitally signed or certified.
- When a document has been created and signed with full lock in Acrobat, clearing the signature and re-signing in Nitro Pro will result in an error.
- Saving a digitally signed or certified document to a DMS location which is configured via OmTools will invalidate the signature.
Workaround: Use native SharePoint or Worksite connection.
- When a document has been certified, the certification cleared, and the same form field re-used for a digital signature, it will result in the document becoming editable.
- The markup context menu does not appear on a digitally signed document.
Workaround: Use keyboard shortcuts or contextual Ribbon menu to perform actions on markups.
- User is able to add an attachment via attachment panel on digitally signed documents.
- Nitro Pro has an issue when opening large certified documents and will sometimes result in application freeze. This occurs on very large documents over 200MB.
- Nitro Pro does not fully support dynamic XFA documents. When editing a an XFA document and attempting to save, Nitro Pro will not save the document.
- Nitro Pro’s MS Office add-ons will not be installed on machines, where MS Office was previously installed from Microsoft marketplace. This known issue will be addressed in a future release.
Digital Signature Enhancements
- Nitro Pro has added support for digital signatures in the Internet Explorer add-on.
- Performing a 'Save As' operation on a document that has been digitally signed now shows the correct notification of the document's integrity status.
- Adding a digital signature after certifying a document is no longer permitted, improving document security.
- Nitro Pro now supports more complex digital signature workflows. In a workflow where two signers, such as Preparer and Reviewer, are involved, the clearing of fields belonging to the respective owner will be enabled.
- Nitro Pro now has more stringent permissions settings for digitally signed and locked documents. Documents can no longer be locked after being signed and fully locked.
- Nitro Pro has improved file conversion on App-V virtualised environments. Converting files to PDF using methods such as drag-and-drop, right-clicking context menu, and using combine features resulted in the documents not being converted and Nitro Pro producing an error. This issue no longer exists in an App-V environment.
- Nitro Pro has improved the quality of document conversion from PDF to MS Office applications, such as Excel and PowerPoint. Characteristics such as content detection and layout improvements—including tables, rows, and cells, have been improved.
- The 'auto rotate and center pages' option in Page Scaling settings will now correctly rotate the pages of the document when printing.
- The Nitro Pro Creator had an issue when printing webpages to PDF on Windows 7 operating systems. This issue has been resolved and webpages are printed as expected. Other operating systems were unaffected.
- Nitro Pro had an issue performing the 'Save As' operation on PDF files that were opened from a URL location. The issue has been resolved and files can be saved as expected.
- When a document created in Nitro Pro contains form fields that are all locked by adding a digital signature, the lock settings will not be respected in Adobe Acrobat. This only occurs when the 'All fields' setting is applied. When locking the fields with 'All fields except these' and 'Just these fields' options, this workflow succeeds as expected.
Workaround: When locking the fields via digital signature, select 'Just these fields' and then select the fields you wish to be locked. Otherwise, select 'All fields except these' and do not select any of the fields from the dialog.
- When attempting to save a file to a SharePoint location configured via the OmTool connector, if the file was opened from a native cloud storage provider (e.g. Box), the document will not be saved and an OmTool error will be shown.
Workaround: Save a file from a cloud storage location to SharePoint before editing in Nitro Pro.
- When attempting to save a file to a WorkSite location, if the file was opened from a native cloud storage provider (e.g. Box), the document will not be saved to WorkSite and Nitro Pro will crash.
Workaround: Save the file from cloud storage to WorkSite before editing in Nitro Pro.
- When attempting to save a document as a new version or replacing an original to a WorkSite location, the document will not be checked out and a user will not be able to open the document.
Workaround: Check out or open the document directly from Desksite.
Features & Enhancements
This release of Nitro Pro delivers a lot of new enhancements and features based on direct feedback from our customers.
- Digital Signature Features and Enhancements
Improvements to Nitro Pro’s digital signature features enable users to sign and certify documents faster and more securely, without the waste of time and resources associated with printing. By introducing more complex signature permissions, document locking, and expanded support for modern digital signature methods such as DocuSign, users can leverage Nitro Pro to execute more stringent digital signature workflows, eliminating the need for additional eSignature software.
- When a document containing digital signature or certificate is opened, Nitro Pro will now display a notification so that users can quickly check validity of digital signature or certificate.
- Nitro Pro is now able to clear a digital signature on a document. Nitro Pro previously had an issue where after clearing a digital signature its appearance was still visible. This issue is now rectified.
- Nitro Pro now supports locked form fields on digital signatures. A user is able to lock all or select fields after signing a document.
- Nitro Pro had an issue where document restrictions did not refresh after clearing a digital signature or certificate. Closing and reopening a document after clearing a signature or certificate now shows correct permissions.
- Nitro Pro has an improved signature selection feature making it quick and easy to apply digital signatures on a document.
- Nitro Pro now supports all modern digital signature methods, including full support for recognizing DocuSign digital signatures.
- Nitro Pro now supports document locking after signing.
- Users are now able to clear their own signatures on a document.
- Nitro Pro now supports more complex digital signature sections of PDF specification, allowing more complex signature permissions.
- Existing signature profiles are now shown when users signing documents as Preparers or Reviewers.
- Nitro Pro now allows multiple digital signatures on a document.
- Print Scaling Settings Enhancements. Nitro Pro now retains print scaling settings in the print dialog, making print workflows faster.
- Improved Text Formatting when copying from PDF. Nitro Pro has a new feature which allows users to copy text with formatting. When text is selected, on right-click, users now have a choice to copy text with or without formatting. A keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + Alt + C) has also been added to copy text with formatting to speed up users’ workflows.
- Print issues when printing with some PCL printer drivers have been resolved. Nitro Pro had issues printing PDF to Xerox PCL Pull Print driver. Xerox PS Pull printer driver, or any other printer drivers are unaffected.
- Worksite Document Management System Integration Enhancements
- Issue when saving a document after redactions have been applied is now resolved.
- Fillable form data is now being retained when saving a document to Worksite.
- Issue allowing one document being open in two instances is now resolved.
- New Online User Guide. In-product User Guide now points to online location so that users can quickly find the most up to date documentation and helpful hints. See User guide here: https://www.gonitro.com/user-guide/pro
- An issue with opening a document after applying redactions was resolved. Nitro Pro wasn’t able to open original document after redactions have been applied.
- An issue when opening a file where full path exceeded 259 characters causing Nitro Pro to crash is now resolved.
- Security Vulnerabilities Addressed. For more info see https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads#securityUpdates
Resolved Issues & Enhancements
- Print Reduction Enhancements. Nitro Pro has updated the print dialog with a new design to help reduce printing. Before users print, they are encouraged to use alternative features in Nitro.
- Multi Window Management. Fixes and enhancements to multi-window management.
- Improved text formatting from PDF to Excel. Nitro Pro has improved formatting, when copying and pasting content from PDF to Excel.
- User Experience Enhancements
- Nitro Pro now displays a number of pages, when combining documents
- Quick-sign signature can be placed without selecting ‘Apply’
- Nitro Pro now has a default view option in Internet Explorer
- Nitro Pro now maintains printer preferences across print jobs
- Flickering cursor issue has been addressed
- Network Issues Addressed. Issue resolved with opening documents from DFS network drives.
- Worksite Improvements
- Issue resolved when saving a file as a “New Document”- the original file became disconnected from Worksite server.
- Users can now save files opened from Outlook directly to Worksite.
- A number of other fixes and enhancements
- Security Vulnerabilities Addressed. See https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads#securityUpdates
- Issues with Document Tagging. When using Nitro Pro, users are unable to add document tags. Document tagging enables screen reading programs to interpret text correctly even after it has been re-ordered. An option ‘Enable Accessibility and Reflow with tagged PDF’ does not work, when printing a document to PDF. Nitro Pro is able to read documents created in other applications with tagged content.
- Issue with Save- As after redacting. After applying redactions and saving to a new document, Nitro Pro is not able to open the original document. When user attempts to open original document in Nitro Pro, it will fail to open and will not display an error message.
Workaround: Close and re-open Nitro Pro to be able to open the original file.
- Auto - rotate and center pages option in Page Scaling settings under print menu does not work as expected. The printed document will not be rotated.
Workaround: Select ‘Use PDF page size to select paper source’ in Page Scaling settings. This will automatically rotate and center pages.
- CAD Support
- Nitro Pro now supports high quality rendering of Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings in PDF
- Users of popular CAD software, such as Revit, AutoCAD and Microstation (among others) can now export their drawings to PDF format
- Confidential or sensitive CAD drawings can now be converted to PDF and secured with Nitro Pro’s integration with Microsoft Rights Management Services (RMS)
- Conversion Quality & Visual Fidelity Improvements
- Nitro Pro has vastly improved the quality when converting documents to PDF from a variety of formats and applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Introduction of PostScript-based document conversion to optimize PDF output quality
- Conversion to PDF now supports much greater detail; more accurate, vibrant colours and sharper lines
- Enhanced Multi-Window Management
- Nitro Pro now allows you to drag out a document from one window to create another instance of Nitro Pro – similar to ripping out tabs in popular internet browsers
- Individual pages can be dragged from one document and inserted into another document in a different instance of Nitro Pro
- A large number of Nitro Pro instances can be created to view and edit PDF documents
- Conversion Speed Performance improvements
- Major improvements in file conversion performance from Word to PDF and PowerPoint to PDF
- Worksite Integration Improvements
- Nitro Pro offers integration with the WorkSite Document Management System. Additional WorkSite functionality has been added to Nitro Pro:
- Opening a local document and saving it to WorkSite
- New Save and Save-As options (Replace Original, New Version, New Document)
- Open File dialog – showing WorkSite options
- Error reporting significantly improved
- Dropbox API was updated to V2.
- Dropbox has shut down API V1 as of June 28th, 2017. Nitro Pro now uses Dropbox API V2. Customers who use Nitro Pro to access their Dropbox account will need to update to Nitro Pro 11.0.5.
- Security Vulnerability Addressed
Numerous product enhancements and bug fixes have been included in Nitro Pro 11.0.5 to improve usability and application performance
- Embedding fonts issue. Embed Subset is now the default option. This can cause a slight increase to file size. Characters that are used in PDF document will be embedded.
- Document Tagging for PDF/A documents. If a PDF/A document with tagging is created in Nitro Pro, sometimes document content is missing. Nitro Pro is able to read PDF/A documents created in other applications. PDF/A documents without tagging, which were created in Nitro Pro work as expected.
Workaround: Create standard PDF documents or PDF/A documents without tagging.
- PDFA-1b documents appear without links, bookmarks or PDF view options, when generated using Nitro Pro printer driver.
Workaround: Create standard PDF documents with Nitro Pro printer driver, navigate to Convert tab in Nitro Pro and select Convert to PDF/A- 1b.
- Multiple PDF drivers appear in Devices and Printers. When upgrading Nitro Pro to a newer version, sometimes the previous Nitro PDF printer driver is not removed.
Workaround: Uninstall previous version of Nitro Pro before installing a new one. Also, printer driver can be deleted manually from Devices and Printers in your Control Panel.
- Imperial system conversion is incorrect in Custom Forms in Printer Preferences. When adding a custom form, width and height does not correspond to the display.
Workaround: This issue does not occur when using metric system. To switch to metric system, go to Control Panel, Clock, Language and Region, select Change date, time, or number formats, click on Additional settings, switch to metric system and click Apply.
- When printing from Revit 2017 to Nitro Pro PDF printer driver, sometimes conversion does not complete. Revit 2018 works as expected.
Workaround: Use auto- generate filename in printer settings or use the latest version of Revit.
- Drag and drop of Worksite and Cloud storage documents between Nitro Pro windows is not supported.
Workaround: Close the document in the window you wish to drag from and then open it in the target window.
- For Worksite documents when using File- Save and selecting “New Document” option, the save to the new document will occur. The original document, however, will become disconnected from Worksite server. The original document may no longer be updated to Worksite without being first re-opened.
Workaround: Close the original document and reopen it through Worksite.
- The OmTool plugin does not support multiple instances. If you need to use Worksite and/or Sharepoint, use native integration instead.
- Issue with Bates Numbers. When saving a document as a new file after applying Bates settings, Nitro Pro is unable to open the new document.
Workaround: Close original file and add Bates Numbering to a new file or close and re-open Nitro Pro to be able to open the original file.
- Bookmarks do not work as expected in multi-column document. Bookmark processing occurs top to bottom of the document making the order in the bookmarks hierarchy inaccurate. This only affects multi-column documents.
Workaround: Open Bookmarks Pane, click and drag a bookmark to re-arrange it into it’s correct position.
- Unable to open a PDF document from redirected network locations, e.g. DFS. Nitro Pro is launched, but the document is not opened.
- When opening a file where full path exceeds 259 characters- Nitro Pro will crash.
- When saving a file as a new document, after applying redactions, an error will occur.
Workaround: Close and re-open Nitro Pro to be able to open the original file. To Apply redactions, save the file locally prior to redacting it.
- When saving a PDF file from Nitro Pro to a new version of a Worksite document that is not a PDF type, it will retain the same document type.
Workaround: Change the document type to Acrobat prior to saving it as a new version.
- When filling a form opened from Worksite, and saving it as a new document from Worksite options, the data filled is not retained.
Workaround: In Nitro Pro- go to File- Save As and then save it to Worksite.
- Issues with Digital Signature
- Security update. A recent Nitro Pro 10 security update has now been applied to Nitro Pro 11. More details are available here.
- Nitro Pro Customer Success data fixes. Nitro Pro usage data fixes have been applied so that certain Enterprise customers will now have more complete data.
- Improved User Experience. Nitro Pro will now show an error when combining corrupt PDF documents.
- Occasional Nitro Pro crashes. This has been resolved in this patch.
- An error appears when user tries to replace all pages in a document. This release has an issue when replacing documents that have the same number of pages.
Workaround: Insert a blank page, replace a document and then delete the blank page.
- New or custom stamp thumbnails are appearing as blank. This release has an issue with displaying stamp thumbnails in recently used or custom section. This doesn’t affect the functionality to insert stamps.
- Nitro Pro does not behave as expected, when printing ‘Current View’ of a document. The page will print blank, or only part of the page will be printed. This affects physical printing and printing to PDF.
- Support for multiple windows with new drag and drop functionality. This feature is released as a preview, requiring a registry change to enable
- New native DMS connector for Sharepoint 2013 and Alfresco based on the open-architecture CMIS standard. Nitro Pro now supports multiple servers of a single type
- Improved compare feature with more accurate detection of word level changes in text-based documents
- Improved performance in Nitro Pro for managing documents with a large number of tags
- Certain types of form fields did not display correctly in Pro 11
- Digital certificates and signatures did not work properly with certain types of card readers
- The IDAutomation font was not recognized by Nitro
- Converting certain Word documents to PDF caused an error
- Box native integration now enables you to open files from and save files to an online Box account via the Backstage menu
- Russian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese OCR modules are available for enterprise customers
- Nitro for Enterprise user interface has been optimized for both perpetual and subscription modes
- Auto-repaired files no longer trigger a Save As dialog box
- Enterprise deployment utility redundant options have been removed
- Batch processing and print workflows trigger usage tracking events
- Nitro Pro Enterprise could revert to Trial Mode after an update
- Nitro PDF Creator was sometimes removed upon an upgrade from a prior version of Nitro Pro to a new one
- Dropbox user limit that prevented certain users from connecting their Dropbox accounts has been removed
- Special characters were not displayed correctly in cloud storage file menus
- Unicode characters were not displayed correctly in certain combo boxes
- Localization builds are now available after being updated with translations for new strings
- Localization improvements - major items include:
- Truncation of options within dropdown menus
- Dialog items overlapping and not aligned
- Default profiles for Headers and Footers, Watermarks and Scan Profiles were not translated
- Certify Profile Wizard would crash Nitro Pro during certain scenarios
- PDF Forms with specific configurations would cause Nitro Pro to crash when loaded
- Scrolling through pages using the slider while in Single Page View could lead to a crash
- Search results that were continually scrolled through multiple times could cause a crash
- Hyperlinks were not being processed correctly when converting PowerPoint files to PDF
- Word add-in would display an error message when trying to convert Word document using a custom page size to PDF
- Export to Word function was not overwriting existing files when requested during the export process
- Export to Word function would sometimes not have the correct page numbers in the footers of the output
- Bookmarks that were not created following the PDF specification were causing Nitro Pro to freeze
- Edit Links would cause a crash on specific file that contained link objects without a defined rectangle
- Outlook add-in caused a conflict with NFS Meeting Room Outlook plugin
- Upgraded Interface maintains the Microsoft Office 2016 look and feel with new color schemes and icons
- Customize Tools feature allows you to place up to 5 of your favorite tools onto the Home ribbon for easy access
- Smart Tips will present themselves based on your usage which will either provide information, or recommended options to help with your workflow
- Dropbox, OneDrive & Google Drive online storage systems are now directly integrated into the Open and Save backstage menus, allowing you to browse your accounts for PDF files without leaving Nitro's UI
- Microsoft RMS 2 supported via compatibility with Protected PDF (.ppdf) filetype
- Booklet Printing will automatically place your pages in the correct order when printing, ready for easy folding and binding
- Print dialog moved to backstage, providing a larger print preview and following Microsoft Office's print workflow
- Ribbon layout has been re-designed for better categorization of the available tools
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) has new pre-and-post processing techniques to provide better results
- Launch speed has been boosted due to changes in how Nitro loads its plugins
- PDF Creation speed has been significantly increased
- Opening files via mapped/network drives is now much faster
- DMS Connector now supports SharePoint 365
- Enhance Thin Lines option in preference to allow improved rendering of cell borders at varying zoom levels
- Nitro PDF Creator was unable to install due to Microsoft Update 3170455
- Increased program stability due to specific internal changes to the source code
- Batch OCR processing would cause a spike in memory
- XFA compatibility improvements - major items include:
- 24-hour time/date fields were not allowing the correct value to be entered
- Radio and Checkbox buttons were not functioning on certain PDF files
- Barcode fields not being printed when the file has not been scrolled through
- File operations for files opened via network locations now have increased stability, causing a reduction of error code 0x400D003B
- Detect text orientation setting when making a document seachable via OCR would rotate the scanned image incorrectly for particular PDF files, cutting off content
- PDF creation from Autodesk 2016 would misalign and render text incorrectly
- Select Tool was not selecting and pasting data that was in columns into the logical order
- Font Substitution was replacing Arial Bold with Arial Black font when font embedding was not used in the PDF
- Stamps were showing up blank if the source file was created via Nitro's Word addin
- Conversion Optimization setting was set to "Web Ready" by default for the Offcie addins instead of "Office Ready"
- Barcode - 'Compress before encoding' checkbox corrupts barcode on mobile scanners
- Print Current View for PDF with large paper size dimensions would incorrectly show the current view
- SharePoint "Required Fields" were not being prompted when saving a file via the DMS Connector
- Advanced Search was not displaying ampersand character in the search results field
Product Updates & Sunset Policy
Scope of Policy
The Product Updates & Sunset Policy ('the Policy') applies to the following products: Nitro Pro, Nitro Cloud, Nitro Admin, and Nitro Analytics.
The following products are discontinued, no longer supported, and excluded from the scope of the Policy: Nitro Reader, Nitro PDF Express, PrimoPDF.
Product Updates means any combination of new features, enhancements, fixes, security patches, modifications and/or revisions that are released for Licensed Products, including corresponding Documentation.
Current Release means the first version number in the latest Product Update (eg Nitro Pro version 13.x).
Previous Release means the first version number immediately preceding the Current Release (eg Nitro Pro version 12.x)
Discontinued Release means all releases and versions other than the Current Release and Previous Release (eg Nitro Pro version 11.x and prior releases)
Basic Support means customers can use Nitro Support Center, which includes access to Nitro's Knowledge Base, community forum, user guides, how-to videos and more. Basic support does not include any email/ticket support.
Premium Support means customers receive Basic Support and email/ticket support, with prioritized first response time according to their purchased plan.
Nitro VIP Access (previously known as Software Assurance or SA) means customers are entitled to Premium Support and Product Updates during the term of their agreement. Nitro VIP Access is included with all subscription agreements.
Subscription License Agreement means a customer has purchased a subscription (non-perpetual) product license.
Product Updates & Sunset Policy ('The Policy')
Nitro will provide continuous Product Updates for the Current Release.
Nitro, at its discretion, may provide Product Updates to the Previous Release (eg to patch a security vulnerability), or may instead provide an update to the Current Release, until it becomes a Discontinued Release.
Nitro will not provide Premium Support nor Product Updates for Discontinued Releases.
Customers that purchase Nitro VIP Access or via Subscription License Agreement are entitled to Product Updates and Premium Support during the term of their agreement.
Customers that do not purchase Nitro VIP Access, Premium Support or via Subscription License Agreement receive Basic Support, and are not entitled to any Product Updates or Premium Support.
Transitioning Between Release Phases
When a new Product Update increments the first version number (eg Nitro Pro version 13.x):
- It becomes the Current Release;
- The existing Current Release becomes the Previous Release; and
- The Previous Release becomes a Discontinued Release.
Nitro's Rights Under the Policy
Nitro reserves the right to alter, append or repeal part or all of the Policy at any time.
Nitro reserves the right to make exceptions to the Policy on a case-by-case basis.
Current Product Status
|Nitro Pro 13
||September 24, 2019
|Nitro Pro 12
||June 12, 2018
|Nitro Pro 11 and prior
||November 23, 2016
Nitro Cloud, Nitro Admin and Nitro Analytics
These products are provided as cloud services available only via internet browser. As such, customers receive continuous Product Updates without the need to upgrade. The Current Release is the only version supported, and there is no Previous Release.