Nitro is a global document productivity company accelerating digital transformation in a world that demands the ability to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. As a global player in the eSign and workflow productivity market, Nitro enables organisations to drive better business outcomes through 100% digital document processes and fast, efficient workflows. The Nitro Productivity Platform offers comprehensive SaaS business solutions, including highly secure eSigning and e-ID, powerful PDF productivity and industry-leading analytics, all supported by a superior customer success team. Nitro has over 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ Business Customers in more than 150 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco with nine global hubs.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
We are seeking a Software Engineer (C++) to help design, develop and deliver our key desktop product.
As a C++ Desktop Engineer, you will take a role in designing, developing, and maintaining desktop applications using C++. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality software solutions and contribute to the overall success of our products.
A taste of our philosophy:
- We believe that engineering should be fun
- The best products demand the best platforms, and that is exactly what we build
- We are passionate about instrumentation, continuous improvement and operational excellence
- We are committed to building systems and services that just work, without heroics
- We not only believe in your personal and professional growth, we expect it
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with a tightly knit engineering organization to design, deliver, and improve technical solutions that delight our customers
- Use Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies to write clean, efficient, and testable code using C++.
- Develop and implement automated unit and integration tests to validate software functionality, performance, and robustness.
- Solving problems relating to mission critical services for build, test and delivery automation
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and advancements in C++ and desktop application development, and share knowledge with the team.
- Work with and refactor legacy code, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing modern coding practices.
- Use Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices during the development process, ensuring frequent and reliable software releases.
- Influencing, implementing and discussing new designs, architectures, standards and best practices for large-scale distributed systems
What we're looking for:
- 3 to 5 years experience working with C++.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles, design patterns, and architectural concepts.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD), unit testing, and familiarity with test automation frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices and tools.
- Excellent communication and the ability to collaborate effectively within a team environment.
- Proficiency in agile software development methodologies (we use Kanban).
- Previous experience in developing software for Windows is preferred.
- Familiarity with C# is a plus
- Familiarity with XFA is a plus
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
Nitro strongly encourages applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We provide an accessible candidate experience and invite you to request any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond.