(Advanced feature of Nitro PDF Pro)
View a Table of Contents in Nitro PDF Pro. (Sidebar).
Creating a Table of Contents
- Open the Table of Contents in the Sidebar by clicking the Sidebar button
- Go to the page that you want to add to the Table of Contents.
- From that page, you can select a specific portion of text to be the title of that page in the Table of Contents. Select that text now.
- Click on the Cog button
- "Page X" will appear in the Table of Contents. You can click on the item to edit it. If you selected text, that text will now appear as one of the headings in the Table of Contents.
Combining Tables of Contents
Fast Edit Access
In addition to Add Entry, the Cog menu also provides the following means of adding new entries:
Add a child to the currently selected Table of Contents entry. Combines Add Entry and Demote Entry into a single action.
Add an aunt, i.e. a sibling of the currently selected Table of Contents entry's parent. Combines Add Entry and Promote Entry into a single action.
Editing Table of Contents Entries
Once you have added items to the Table of Contents, there are a number of ways you can edit the entries: locate keyboard shortcuts for editing in Edit > Table of Contents, or Right-click / Control-click on an entry to access editing options.
Shift-Click to select a range of page entries to perform batch edits on entries, such as demoting and promoting.
Here are a few of the edit actions you can take on an entry:
Edit the Text of the Entry
Double-click on the entry to change the text.
Reassign current Table of Contents entries rather than deleting and creating brand new entries.
- Select an entry.
- Select text in the document to specify a new destination for the existing entry.
- Choose Set Destination in the Cog menu
Demote an Entry
Promote an Entry
Delete an Entry
Copy Table of Contents Entries
Copy the text of an entry, or copy the entire Table of Contents as a bulleted list.
- Click on an entry in the sidebar
- In the Edit menu choose Copy As Text. You can then paste the entries where you wish.