Nitro Pro lets you fill-out interactive PDF forms, which are designed for you to enter data into fields. To fill-out the fields of an interactive form, use the Hand Tool to click into the form fields.
Static forms do not contain interactive form fields. They are non-interactive because they are scanned from a paper form, or created in Word or other applications. To fill-out the fields of a static form, use the Type Text tool.
How to fill out a digital form that has interactive fields:
- Open the PDF form in Nitro Pro
- With any tool selected, click once in a form field to type text, and to make selections using the various types of form elements like checkboxes, radio buttons, drop down lists, and so on
- Use your mouse to click and select the next field, or the Tab key to automatically move the cursor to the next field
OPMERKING: To fill out the fields of an interactive form, use the Hand Tool to click into the form fields. To fill out the fields of a static form, use the Type Text tool.
TIP: When form fields are detected in a PDF document, Nitro Pro highlights the fields and shows a message in the Information Bar above the document tabs.
How to save a form:
After you fill out a form, do one of the following:
- In the File menu, hover your mouse over Save As, and then select Flattened PDF
- To save the form under a different name or to a different location, under the File menu click Save As. You can then rename the PDF and save it in a different location.
How to reset a form:
To delete all the content in a form, on the Forms tab, in the Form Data group, press Reset. All form elements like fields and buttons will reset to their default state.