You can use Nitro Pro to extract all of the images in your PDF documents into individual image files, which can then be reused in other programs. This process helps you extract images from a range of pages, whole PDF files, or a collection of files.
To extract images from PDF files:
1. On the Home tab, in the Convert group, and click To Other then Extract Images. The Extract Images dialog appears.
2. In the Extract Images dialog, do any of the following:
- In the Files to extract images from section, click Add Files, and then browse to select additional PDF files to include
- To reorder the documents, select a PDF file in the list, and click Move Up or Move Down.To delete a selected PDF file from the list, click Remove.
- Include all open PDF documents: add PDF files presently open in Nitro Pro to the list and specify all pages.
- To extract images from specific pages in a document, select the document then click Choose Pages. In the Pages field, specify pages separated by a comma, or a page range separated by a dash. For example, to extract images from pages 1, 3, 4, and 5 of an 8-page document, enter 1, 3-5. You can use the page navigation arrows at the bottom of the dialog to preview pages for easier selection.
- In the Output section, select a Folder option to specify where to store the extracted files
- To change preferences for default file formats, click Options. Specify the file format for color and monochrome images. If you select Optimal, Nitro Pro intelligently selects the best image file type based on PDF information.
- Open folder after creation: automatically open the destination folder after images are extracted
3. Click Convert to complete the extraction
For information on how to quickly extract a single image from a PDF file, see Extract an image.