Nitro Pro enables you to extract all the text from a PDF document to a text file, which can be saved to any folder or destination without modifying the original PDF document.
NOTE: OCR (optical character recognition) will be automatically used on image-based (or scanned) PDF files to recognize and convert the text contained in the document.
1. On the Home tab, in the Convert panel, click To Other then To Plain Text. The Convert PDF to Plain Text dialog appears.
2. If a PDF is already open, Nitro Pro automatically uses it as the file to convert. Otherwise, click the Add Files button, select a file, then click Open.
3. To change settings, in the Output section, click Options, and change any of the following:
4. To specify the destination for the text output, from the Output section, select one of the following from the Save files to menu:
5. To open the new text file when it is created, check the Open files after conversion checkbox.
6. Click Convert to convert the PDF file. No changes are made to the original PDF file.