Radio buttons can be assigned the same attributes as check box fields. You use radio buttons more often for either/or responses. When you create check boxes you can uncheck a checkbox by clicking on it. The only way to uncheck a radio button is to clear a form or check another button that turns off companion radio button checkmarks.
How to add a radio button field:
1. Open the PDF in Nitro Pro.
2. On the Forms ribbon, in the Form Fields group, click Radio Button.
3. On the page, drag the pointer where you want the field to appear.
4. Double-click on the field and do one of the following (depending on your preferences):
- In the Properties context tab, name the field and set its appearance settings
- In the Properties dialog, name the field and set its appearance settings
5. Do either of the following:
- If you’re using the Properties context tab, in the More group, click Properties and then Options.
- If you’re using the Properties dialog, click the Options tab.
6. Select Options. Choose a style for the radio button appearance from the Radio Button Style drop down menu. Click the Export Value field and add a value. If you want all radio buttons checked when one button is selected, check the box for the same name and values are selected in unison
NOTE: To create a set of radio buttons that are all aware of each other’s state, they must all be set with the same name.
How to edit a radio button form field:
1. Open the PDF in Nitro Pro
2. On the Form ribbon, in the Form Fields group, do either of the following:
- Click the field type that corresponds to the field you want to edit.
- Click Select Fields.
3. Double-click the field to begin editing its attributes.