To learn about deploying Azure IP, click here.
The Microsoft Azure Information Protection (also referred to as MS AIP, Azure IP) helps companies increase document security for sensitive information by applying labels. Nitro Pro has integrated Azure IP so all documents created and opened, respect the labels and permissions set by the author.
Enabling Azure IP
- Click on your Start menu in Windows, search and run regedit.exe as Administrator.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nitro\Pro\13\settings\. The key named MSAzureLabelingEnabled, set the value to 1.
- Open Nitro PDF Pro and you will be prompted to enter your username and password.
Clearing/Resetting your Credentials
- In Nitro PDF Pro, go to File, Preferences, and choose Accounts.
- Click Clear Remembered Account Information to clear your credentials from Nitro PDF Pro. The next time you open Nitro PDF Pro, it will prompt you for a username and password.
Changing a Documents Label
- Open the Security tab on the left, or under the Protect ribbon choose Sensitivity.
- Choose the label you want to change the document to. Depending on the rules set by the the Azure IP administrator, a reason may need to be entered before completing the action.
Deleting a Documents Label
- Open the Security tab on the left.
- Click on the Bin icon next to the documents current label. Depending on the rules set by the the Azure IP administrator, a reason may need to be entered before completing the action, or this action may not be available.