Fillable PDF forms are a fast and efficient way for organizations to collect important data. Here’s how you can get started with forms, without having to use Adobe.
Your organization is powered by information. Every day you collect, process and analyze data to make strategic business decisions. Fillable PDF forms have become a reliable and efficient way of helping businesses do that. They’re universally recognized and can be accessed anytime, anywhere.
But here’s something you may not know: you don't always need to rely on Adobe Acrobat® for your PDF form needs. Yes, there are other options!
We'll show you how fast and easy it is to create and edit fillable PDF forms with Nitro PDF Pro, our powerful Adobe alternative.
Create a Fillable PDF Form Without Adobe
1. Open Nitro PDF Pro.
2. Click File and Open your document.
3. Navigate to the Forms tab in the toolbar.
4. Select the Text Field.
5. Drag and drop to where you want the text field to go.
6. To customize the field, right click and select Properties. Here you can change the appearance and function of the text field.
Note: You can easily create additional inputs with the Make Copies option on the Properties tab.
Add a Dropdown Selection to Your PDF Form
1. Select Combo Box from the toolbar.
2. Drag and drop to where you want the box to be placed.
3. Right click Combo Box, select Properties then Options.
4. Under Item, add the various dropdown options you want the field to have (e.g. 1,2,3,4,5).
Once you’ve created your form, you can use the QuickSign tool to securely add an eSignature. Check out the helpful step-by-step video below. If you need to send your form and request an eSignature, it’s easy with Nitro.
Benefits of Creating Fillable Forms
There are many ways PDF forms can add value to your organization. Let’s look at a few of the top business benefits.
- Time & Cost Savings: Going paperless eliminates repetitive, manual tasks like printing, scanning and storing documents. Your organization can also save money on toner, ink, paper, machine maintenance costs and more.
- Seamless User Experience: PDFs can easily be opened and filled on any web browser and device. Your documents remain 100% consistent throughout the process, so you can be sure you’re providing a superior customer experience.
- Greater Efficiency: Creating frequently used PDF templates can accelerate your workflows, boost collaboration and minimize the chance of error. You can ensure your organization is getting the right information, faster than ever.
- High Security: Digital documents are safer and more secure than their paper counterparts. You can collect and communicate important data with ease by simply adding extra layers of protection to your PDF form.
Why Nitro PDF Pro is the #1 Adobe Acrobat Alternative
Nitro has been helping global organizations put PDF productivity into practice. T-Mobile Austria wanted to replace Adobe Acrobat® with an efficient, easy-to-use and fully compliant alternative for their 1,300 employees. Nitro PDF Pro was the scalable solution they were looking for. Not only did this dynamic solution help fulfill T-Mobile’s unique technical needs, it boosted user adoption and increased productivity across the company.
Nitro is a very dynamic team with a high customer orientation, making it easy for us to work with them before, during, and after the implementation process.
Businesses of all sizes and industries are embracing the many use cases for fillable PDFs. Here are just a few examples:
- Patient forms
- Purchase orders
- Expense reports
- Rental application forms
- Employee surveys
- Contractor timesheets
Try Nitro for PDF Form Creation Free Today
If you’re looking for a fast, easy and efficient way to create fillable PDFs without Adobe, experience Nitro for yourself! Try Nitro PDF Pro free for 14 days and start creating forms today.