Nitro Pro features mark-up tools to help you draw attention to text that requires revision. These tools are a useful way to combine feedback or comments with every mark-up.
When you print a PDF file, you can make all text mark-up visible or hidden.
For more information, see Annotation layer and content layer.
To mark-up text:
1. On the Review tab, in the Markup group, click the arrow under Markup Text, and select one of the following buttons:
2. Select individual words or a block of text to mark-up. The marquee selection is useful for text that is justified in vertical columns.
3. Double-click the new mark-up to add comments to the annotation.
4. Press the x button at the top of the pop-up note to close it.
To delete mark-up:
- Do one of the following:
- Right-click the Hand or Select tool on the annotation, and select Delete from the menu
- Click the Hand or Select tool on the mark-up you want to delete. A bounding-box appears to indicate that it is selected. Press Delete.
Tip: You can apply more than one type of mark on the same block of text. For example, text can be highlighted and underlined.
To edit mark-up properties:
1. Right-click the annotation or the mark-up text
2. Select Properties. A properties dialog appears, with the following tabs:
- General: edit the Author and Subject details of the annotation
- Appearance: modify the visual characteristics of the mark-up
3. Click Close to save your changes
Tip: To make all of your future markups look the same as the current one, right-click the annotation and select Make Current Properties Default
To reply to an annotation:
- If the annotation is hidden, double-click on the marked-up text to view the annotation text-box
- Click on the Options menu in the text-field, and select Reply
- Write your reply in the message-box that appears inside the original mark-up
Tip: You can insert more than one reply, allowing you to build a message thread inside an annotation.
To delete a mark-up:
- Right-click on the mark-up, and select Delete