Learn how to set up an electronic signature in just minutes.
Creating an electronic signature is probably easier than you think. Here’s how you can set one up in just minutes and say goodbye to printing, signing by hand, scanning, and emailing. Because, honestly, who has time for that?
Do I need an electronic signature?
Yes! We cannot stress this enough. Electronic signatures enable you to securely and legally sign all types of documents – from lease agreements to job applications to tax forms – without the need for printing and scanning. With our current reality of social distancing and our increasingly digital future, easy eSigning is more essential than ever. Thankfully, creating an electronic signature is fast and simple!
Step by step: Creating An Electronic Signature with Nitro
With Nitro Sign, you can quickly and easily add your electronic signature to any document.
- From the Home dashboard, click on Tools in the left-hand menu, then select Sign
- Choisissez un document sur votre ordinateur local, un espace de stockage dans le cloud ou un document Nitro Sign préexistant.
- With the document open, click on your name/email in the Signers panel on the left of your screen to reveal a list of form field options
- Faites glisser et déposez les champs obligatoires sur les documents. Les champs seront préremplis avec les signatures stockées, les autres informations seront modifiables (si disponibles).
- Chaque champ du formulaire pourra être déplacé et redimensionné. Vous pourrez également modifier le type de champ en cliquant sur l'infobulle.
- After verifying the information in the fields added, click Save Signatures
- Once the document is saved, you will be notified, and your signed document will be available in My Documents
- The document status will be updated to Signed
- Alternatively, you can navigate to My Documents, add and open the desired document, and click Sign under the Home tab
eSigning after You’ve Created Your Electronic Signature
Once you’ve created your eSignature, you can save it for future use. The next time you need to sign a document in Nitro, you can simply select from your saved signatures.
Electronic Signatures vs. Digital Signatures
While you may have heard the two terms used interchangeably, electronic and digital signatures aren’t quite the same thing. Creating an electronic signature usually takes less than a minute. Creating a digital signature, however, is a bit more complicated. Digital signatures involve an extra layer of security and encryption and require a digital ID or certificate.
Typically, you have to verify your identity and purchase a digital ID from a Trust Service Provider in order to create a digital signature. Fortunately, digital signatures are rarely needed, and standard eSignatures are perfectly valid for the vast majority of signing needs.
Speaking of signing needs… we know that, right now, businesses need affordable digital solutions to stay productive working from home. No matter how big or small your business is, start eSigning today with a free trial of a Nitro Sign Essentials. No complications, no catches, no limits. Because we’re all in this together.