Just like attaching a paper file to another with a paperclip, the Attach File annotation tool enables you to attach electronic files to your PDFs files. Annotation attachments appear as a paperclip icon on the PDF page; reviewers can double-click the icon to open the file. You can view annotation attachments in the Commenting pane and the Attachments pane.
The Attachments pane gives you a central place to view, insert, delete, and export all attachments in a document, even files not attached as annotations.
To attach a file as an annotation:
- On the Review tab, in the Review Tools group, click Attach Files. The mouse pointer changes to a paperclip.
- Click on the document page where you want to attach a file. The Open dialog appears.
- Browse to the file you wish to attach, select it, and click Open. The file is attached to your PDF document, and is embedded in the file when you save it.
Tip: You can click and drag the paperclip icon anywhere on the same page, and use keyboard shortcuts to cut and paste it to any page.
To edit the appearance or properties of a file attachment annotation:
- Right-click the file attachment icon, and select Properties. The File Attachment Properties dialog appears.
- On the General and Appearance tabs, update any properties you want to change
- Click Close
To open a file attachment:
Double-click the file attachment (paperclip) icon
To save a file attachment:
- Right-click the file attachment icon
- In the menu, select Save Embedded File to Disk
- Browse to a location where you want to save the attached file, and click Save
For more information, see Attachments Pane and Attach a file.