With Nitro Pro, you can use grids to assist you in precisely lining up links, form fields, and other objects on a page. When turned on, the grid is visible over your PDF pages; however, grid lines will not be printed when you print your document. You can also customize the grid’s display, setting preferences such as default units, line color, spacing, and other options.
The Snap To Grid option aligns an object with the nearest intersection of lines in the grid. When you draw, resize, or move an object, it will “snap to” the nearest intersection of lines, even if the grid is not visible.
TIP: If your shape or object does not move where you want, turn off the Snap To Grid option.
To view or hide the grid:
- On the Forms ribbon, in the View group, click to select or clear the Show Grid check box. A check mark appears when the grid is visible.
To turn the Snap To Grid option on or off:
- On the Forms ribbon, in the View group, click to select or clear the Snap to Grid check box. A check mark appears when the option is turned on.
To customize grid preferences:
- In the File menu, click Preferences
- From the left pane, choose Units and Grid
- Choose from available options, and then click OK
Unit and Grid Preferences
The following options are available when setting unit and grid preferences:
- Default Units. Sets the measurement units to be used in creating the grid
- Grid settings: 1. Show grid: enables the grid overlay on the page 2. Snap to grid: automatically snap to the closest grid line when placing or repositioning objects on the page
- Grid line color. Sets the color of the displayed grid lines
- Height between lines. Specifies the vertical spacing between grid lines. You can specify a value between 0 and 1000; decimal values are accepted
- Width between lines. Specifies the horizontal spacing between grid lines. You can specify a value between 0 and 1000; decimal values are accepted
- Grid offset from left edge. By default, the grid begins at the top-left corner of the page. Use this setting to change the horizontal starting point for the grid
- Grid offset from top edge. By default, the grid begins at the top-left corner of the page. Use this setting to change the vertical starting point for the grid
- Subdivisions. Sets the number of grid lines used in subdividing each grid section