NITRO SIGN SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE, OBLIGATION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY
TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS ONLY OPEN TO REGISTERED USERS OF A NITRO SIGN TEAM ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH AN ACTIVE NITRO PRODUCTIVITY SUITE, NITRO PRODUCTIVITY PLATFORM, OR NITRO SIGN SUBSCRIPTION WITH A START DATE
BEFORE DECEMBER 6, 2021 AND AN END DATE ON OR AFTER JANUARY 17, 2022
AND IS NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
ENTRANTS MUST HAVE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR USER PROFILE AND HAVE INTERNET ACCESS IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Nitro Sign Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (“eligibility area”) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and a registered user of a Nitro Sign Team account associated with an active Nitro Productivity Suite, Nitro Productivity Platform, or Nitro Sign subscription (“User”) with a start date before December 6, 2021 and an end date on or after January 17, 2022 (“Entrant”). Void where prohibited or restricted by law. In addition, persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win: (a) employees of Nitro Software, Inc. (“Nitro” or “Sponsor”) and Cleverbridge, Inc., their respective parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, trustees, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, employees and contractors (collectively, the “Releasees”); (b) immediate family members (spouse, partners, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses or partners, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of any person in (a) above, whether related or not; (c) persons residing outside the eligibility area; (d) employees, officers, or contractors of any government entity or a company that is majority owned and/or controlled by any government entity, including, but not limited to, any person acting in an official capacity for or on behalf of any national, state or local government, or any department or agency thereof; (e) employees, officers and contractors of any company that has a policy against and/or legally prohibits participation in the Sweepstakes or the awarding of a prize/award to an employee; and (f) employee, officers, or contractors of any company whose headquarters are located outside the eligibility area. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to review and understand his or her employer’s policies regarding eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes and accept a prize if deemed a prize winner. If participation in the Sweepstakes is in violation of employer policies, the Entrant may be disqualified from entering or receiving the prize. Sponsor disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and his or her employer related to this matter, and the prize will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies.
2. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: Begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on December 6, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on December 31, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s server and computer clock shall be the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. TWO (2) WAYS TO ENTER:
- Automatic Entry for up to five (5) eSignature Requests – Nitro Productivity Platform, Nitro PDF Pro or Nitro Sign: An eligible Entrant will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eSignature request submitted via the signature request workflow in Nitro Sign during the Sweepstakes Period (hereinafter, an “eSignature Request Entry”). For instructions on how to complete an eSignature request, visit https://www.gonitro.com/user-guide/sign/article/request-an-esignature. Limit up to five (5) eSignature Request Entries per person/User during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Automatic Entry for up to five (5) Invite User Requests – Nitro Sign Admins Only: An eligible Entrant assigned with ‘Global Admin’ permissions for their Nitro Sign Team account will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each new user invited to join his/her/their Nitro Sign Team account via the Nitro Admin Portal (https://admin.gonitro.com/) during the Sweepstakes Period (hereinafter, an “Invited User Entry”). To invite new users to your Nitro Sign Team account, visit https://cs.gonitro.com/nitrosign/#inviting-users. A Nitro Sign license does not need to be assigned to the invited user to qualify. Limit up to five (5) Invited User Entries per person/User during the Sweepstakes Period.
Hereinafter, eSignature Request Entries and Invited User Entries collectively referred to as “Entries”. Free or trial license subscriptions are excluded. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Only Entries made by Users of paid subscriptions that are not expired or in default under the license agreement for such account are eligible for Entry. User accounts that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for Entry. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. All Entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on December 31, 2021 in order to be eligible for the respective random drawing. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass Entries or Entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void.
4. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS/NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected from among all eligible eSignature Request Entries received (the “Grand Prize Winner”). One (1) potential Admin Prize winner will be selected from among all eligible Invited User Entries received (the “Admin Prize Winner”). Random drawings will be conducted on or about January 17, 2022 under the direction of Administrator, an independent judging organization. Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by Administrator via the email address associated with their User profile within five (5) days of random drawing date. Potential winners will be required to verify their eligibility by digitally completing and securely signing and submitting a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and Publicity Release where legal, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period; or a prize or a prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner from among all remaining eligible Entries received for the respective random drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent emails made to Entrants not by the Sponsor or Administrator.
5. ODDS: The odds of winning a prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period for the respective random drawing.
6. PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize consists of a 5-day/4-night trip for two (2) people [winner and one (1) guest] to Maui, Hawaii and includes round-trip economy class air transportation for winner and guest between the major U.S. gateway airport nearest the winner’s home in the eligibility area and Maui, Hawaii, use of a rental car for 5 days, hotel accommodations [one (1) standard, double occupancy room, inclusive of any and all applicable taxes] at a Sponsor-specified hotel in Maui, $1,000 cash spending money allowance awarded in the form of a check to winner, and one (1) swag bag for winner with items to be designated by Sponsor (“Grand Prize Trip”). ARV of Grand Prize: $11,000. Actual value of Grand Prize Trip depends upon the Grand Prize Winner’s point of departure, existing rates at time of travel, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded.
ONE (1) ADMIN PRIZE: Admin Prize consists of winner’s choice of one (1) laptop-style personal computer from sponsor-specified selections valued at up to $2,000 and one (1) 3-Year Subscription to Nitro PDF Pro and Nitro Sign (subject to the Nitro Terms of Service available at https://www.gonitro.com/legal/terms-of-service). ARV of Admin Prize: $2,360.
Total ARV of All Prizes: $13,360. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Grand Prize Trip Restrictions/Conditions
Any additional transportation, excursions, tips or gratuities, in-room charges, meals and beverages, baggage fees, upgrades, and any other incidental travel costs are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner must comply with any and all applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. Any damage to the room attributed to the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her guest will be the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for the availability or proper functioning of any hotel feature or amenity and no credit or compensation will be awarded by Sponsor with respect thereto. If Grand Prize Winner is at least eighteen (18), but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to accompany minor winner on the Grand Prize Trip and will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner as set forth herein. Grand Prize Winner and guest must complete travel within eighteen (18) months of the award date (“Travel Period”) and must book Grand Prize Trip a minimum of sixty (60) days prior to travel. If the Grand Prize Winner is unable to travel during the Travel Period for any reason, including not being able to comply with any public or private travel restrictions, Grand Prize Winner forfeits his/her rights to the Grand Prize and no compensation will be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to change dates for Grand Prize Trip. Guest of Grand Prize Winner must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence [and at least eighteen (18)] unless a child or legal ward of winner. Guest must execute a release of liability prior to travel unless a minor then Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute and return such documents on behalf of such child or legal ward. Grand Prize Trip is subject to airline/flight times and hotel availability and other conditions and restrictions including blackout dates and public health restrictions. Car rental is subject to additional restrictions set forth by car rental agreement. If Grand Prize Winner does not meet rental requisites/requirements, that portion of the prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. Rental car must be returned with a full tank of gas. Airline/flight times to be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion; one (1) or more stopovers may be required. Once Grand Prize Trip has been booked, no change, extension or substitution of Grand Prize Trip dates is permitted except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from any changes to itinerary or accommodations made by the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her guest. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or similar items once they are in Grand Prize Winner’s possession or in the possession of his/her guest. Releasees shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions, or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), hotel, or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers, including any results thereof, such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Grand Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The Grand Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Declaration and/or prize travel documents. Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest are responsible for obtaining travel documents (i.e., Visa or Visa Waiver, REAL ID, passport or other TSA-approved ID, visit www.tsa.gov for a list of TSA-approved IDs) as well as travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance), that they may wish to obtain for the Grand Prize Trip (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Releasees have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for the Grand Prize Trip. Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest must arrive at the designated U.S. gateway airport in time for the flight. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer thereon. If any portion of the Grand Prize Trip after booking is unable to take place as planned for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts, lockout, labor dispute, strike, inclement weather, a pandemic, a public health emergency, or any other event of Force Majeure, the remaining components of the Grand Prize will be awarded (and Sponsor’s obligation to the Grand Prize Winner will be fulfilled. All travel is subject to any and all advisories, restrictions or requirements instituted by the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and/or the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, as required, including but not limited to passing one (1) or more COVID-19 antigen and screening tests and testing negative for COVID-19 and executing any assumption of risk or other documents relating to COVID-19.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding. By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her/their name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any prize (including any activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss or damage to property; claims of third parties, a potentially heightened risk of exposure to communicable diseases, viruses, bacteria or illnesses (including, without limitation, COVID-19) and the causes thereof, and sickness arising as a result of Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest participating in the Sweepstakes and related activities, wherever, whenever or however the same may occur. Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest fully understand that (a) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are or have been present; (b) no precautions, including the protocols that will be implemented from time to time by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (collectively, the “Protocols”), can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by COVID-19, certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and/or underlying medical conditions; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition. All prizes are awarded “as-is” and Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
8. GENERAL: Sponsor will collect information from the Entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify potential winners. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party (except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes) nor attempt to contact Entrant, unless Entrant has agreed to receive further information on Sponsor’s products and promotions. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, or garbled Entries; Entries that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Sponsor is not responsible for the incompatibility of Entrant’s hardware, software or browser technology. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice and for any reason including, if in the Administrator’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any Entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to damage any website or application, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner.
9. TAXES: Any valuation of the prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of each prize will be taxable to the individual winner as income. Sponsor will issue each winner an IRS FORM 1099-MISC for the value of the prize as it is valued at $600 or more. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the individual winners. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
10. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of California.
11. FORCE MAJEURE: In the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received to award the prizes and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prizes or continuing with this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state/provincial or local government law, order, regulation, or guideline, public health crisis or pandemic (e.g., Coronavirus), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, regardless of whether any such cause was foreseeable (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
11. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (iii) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, available for ninety (90) days after January 17, 2022, send an email to Winners@dja.com with WINNERS & 08-2822-01 as the subject line. Winners List will be sent after the prizes have been awarded.
14. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Nitro Software, Inc., 150 Spear St., Ste. 1850, San Francisco, CA 94105. Administrator: Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
©2021 Nitro Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Nitro, the Nitro logo, Nitro Productivity Platform, Nitro PDF Pro, Nitro Sign, and Nitro Analytics are trademarks and/or registered trademarks, of Nitro Software, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.