The first time you launchNitro Pro, it checks if you have another PDF viewer installed on your system.Nitro Prooffers to make itself your default PDF viewer, allowing it to automatically open your PDF files when youdouble-click them from the file browser.
TIP: You can view a PDF file in your web browser. For more information, see Nitro PDF web browser plugin.
Open a PDF file
Use any of the following procedures to open a PDF file in Nitro Pro:
The File Menu
- In the File menu, click Open, press Ctrl+O, or select Open from the Quick Access Toolbar
- Click Computer and then click Browse to navigate to the location of the file you want to open, and select it
- Click Open
- Open up a Windows Explorer window (Win key+E) and locate the PDF file you wish to open
- Resize your Explorer window to allow your Desktop to show in the background
- Drag the PDF file from the Explorer window and drop it onto the Nitro Pro shortcut
Double-click or right-click
- Open up a Windows Explorer window and locate the PDF file you wish to open
- Do one of the following:
TIP: You can configure Nitro Pro to be the default PDF viewer. See Preferences.