Nitro users can initiate a signature request workflow from Nitro Cloud, Nitro Pro, or Microsoft Word.
In this article, we'll explain how to send signature requests from within Nitro Cloud. Learn about sending a signature request from Nitro Pro in this article.
There are three ways to initiate a signature request from within Nitro Cloud:
1. From the Home dashboard
signature request workflow
2. With your document open
3. From My Documents
Once a signature request has been initiated in one of the ways described above, you can continue on to prepare and send your request.
1. Once the signature request has been initiated, the corresponding document will open with a popup prompting you to Add a Recipient.
2. Enter the recipient's Name (optional) and Email (required), then click Add.
3. If you would like to add more than one signer to the signature request, click Add Recipient in the Signers panel and enter the other signers' details.
4. You can also edit or remove a recipient by clicking the Quick Actions menu button next to the recipient in the Signers panel and selecting the appropriate action from the dropdown.
Note: The Signers panel is collapsible to allow more space for the document. To collapse the section, click the Quick Actions menu icon on the top right of the Signers panel.
5. To add signature fields to the document, click on a recipient in the Signers panel, then drag and drop the required field(s) to the appropriate position(s) on the document. Each field can be moved, resized, or changed to a different field type.
6. After the fields for each recipient have been placed on the document, click Continue in the bottom right corner.
Note: You can also save the document as a draft to be sent later. To learn about saving drafts, click here.
7. You'll be taken to the Review screen, where you can review the designated recipients and the prepared document. You can also customize the message and subject line of the signature request email that will be sent to your recipients, and cc additional recipients who will get view-only access to the document and a notification when signing is complete.
8. Click Request Signature to finish the preparation and send the document out for signature.