Who We Are: Our Beliefs:
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents, and leading the digital transformation of the world’s largest companies. Today Nitro is the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat combined with a leading eSignature solution, and we’re leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform and eventually leverage artificial intelligence to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
- Nitro Engineering Mission and Values
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks!
- Paperwork sucks - we make people’s lives better
- We digitally transform the world’s largest companies
- We save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- We are a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
- Monopolies are bad
We are looking for a VP, Engineering to lead and scale the global Nitro Engineering organization distributed between our San Francisco and Dublin, Ireland offices. This is a key executive role (no coding required unless it’s for fun) that will lead our global Engineering organization including Front-End, Platform Services, Systems, Data, and Desktop Engineering efforts. In addition to leading and growing a globally distributed Engineering organization, this role requires a strong technical background in distributed systems and large scale problem solving.
This role will be based in Dublin, Ireland (relocation available), serves as a key member of Nitro’s Executive Leadership Team, and reports to Nitro’s Chief Product Officer.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Scale an enterprise software Engineering organization from 30 to 100+
- Lead a strong Engineering team that values high performance, be good, and no bullshit with focus on ownership, autonomy and high output to achieve goals.
- Own and live Nitro Engineering’s mission, values and culture
- Lead the development of large scale distributed systems, platforms and services
- Collaborate cross-functionally in a geographically distributed organization to ensure the success of the team
- Recruit and retain top engineering talent in competitive markets
- Mentor and coach engineers; develop great engineering leads / managers; be someone others want to follow
- Set vision, inspire and motivate, make decisions, and ensure the team delivers
- Drive continuous improvement and operational excellence; be a change agent
- Balance people, process and practices with quality, scope and time
- Evangelize Nitro with customers and investors; be a local community steward
- Communicate and lead effectively across all of Nitro, including both technical and non-technical audiences
- Own Nitro’s technical vision, architecture and technology roadmap
- Architect scalable, robust, distributed systems
- Prove yourself as a strong technical leader; gain credibility and trust with highly skilled engineers; guide technical discussions and tradeoff decisions
- Establish strong product planning, estimation and processes that balance delivery, quality and timeframes.
- Identify and report on critical technology and product health metrics
- Leverage your experience with some combination of:
- Distributed systems
- Agile methodologies
- Infrastructure engineering: AWS, Docker, Mesos
- Data engineering
- Security: NIST, SOC 2 Type 2, Privacy Shield, GDPR, etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar technical field
Nitro is changing the way the world works with documents. As the global leader in document productivity solutions, Nitro enables people to work smarter every day with their documents, on the desktop and in the cloud. From PDF creation, conversion, editing and reviewing capabilities, to cloud-enabled workflows for secure sharing, collaboration and electronic signatures, Nitro offers best-in-class solutions that every knowledge worker in an organization should use to improve productivity, document security and corporate sustainability.
Founded in 2005, Nitro’s enterprise-grade solutions are now trusted by more than 650,000 leading businesses worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Software 500 award winner. Headquartered in San Francisco, Nitro also has offices in Dublin, Ireland and Melbourne, Australia.