Who we are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
It comes back to one of our core values:
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact. Non-high performers need not apply.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory
Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible and easy to prove: We believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission: we hire creative, intelligent, talented people; we build great products that delight our customers; and we are doing it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practices.
- Creating website layout and user interfaces with clear and adaptable requirements.
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases across multiple departments, teams, and systems.
- Building frontend web portals to consume data and interact with multiple different backend services.
- Work with end users to create meaningful UX designs and then implementation of feature requests.
- Working closely with different teams, collecting feature requests, and turning them into workable tasks and stories that can be tracked on a work management system (JIRA).
- Implementing best practices around security.
- Define and drive the overall web architecture, including core application features such as registration, content management, social graph integration, personalization, video and community forums
- Translate designs into functioning digital experiences.
- Write clean, maintainable code that is scalable, reliable, and observable
- Participate in code reviews and other techniques to improve code quality
What we're looking for:
- 5-8+ years of professional web development experience, a proven record of developing public-facing websites, and a general passion for web development.
- Experience developing data driven web applications in Java.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles.
- Strong understanding of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, replication, etc.).
- Mastery of HTML and CSS, and a great understanding of cross-browser display challenges.
- Understanding of version control techniques (GitHub, Subversion, CVS, etc.).
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest trends in web application development.
- Understanding of the Document Object Model (DOM) and DOM scripting techniques.
- Experience in leading small development teams through the full lifecycle of application development from requirements to design to implementation to operations.
- Ability to drive and facilitate client facing discussions, meetings and presentations.
Nitro is a global document productivity software company driving digital transformation in organizations across multiple industries around the world. The Company’s core solution, the Nitro Productivity Suite™, provides integrated PDF productivity, eSignature, and business intelligence (BI) tools to customers through a horizontal, SaaS and desktop-based software suite. Nitro’s software solution is highly scalable, serving large multinational enterprises and government agencies, as well as small businesses and individual users. Nitro has sold over 2.6 million licenses and has 11,700 Business Customers in 154 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Dublin, London, and Melbourne. #LI-SH1 #LI-Remote