Who We Are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
- Nitro Engineering mission and values.
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks
- Paperwork Sucks! - we make people’s lives better
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture!
- Monopolies are bad
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with C++ skills for our Dublin office to help us evolve our desktop products and services, and to assist in the creation of new and exciting products. Can you write kick-ass code? Do you consider yourself to be a keen investigator, a code diver, a bug basher and an all-round trouble-shooter? Are you the type of engineer whose first instinct is to verify your code with robust coded tests? If so, then this job is for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with a no-bullshit tightly-knit engineering team to improve technical solutions that delight our users.
- Troubleshooting issues that challenge our users.
- Implementing new features that improve the experience of our products for our users
- Contributing to the engineering of entire features and fixes.
- Writing clear, concise, and well-tested code.
You will need:
- A University Degree in computer science or related field.
- Solid understanding of C++ with at least 6+ years’ experience working with the language. You should be familiar with one of the more recent C++ standards C++14, C++17 or C++20.
- Comfortable with using the Standard Template Library.
- Experience working with test methodologies such as TDD, BDD or equivalent. Ideally this would be in a C++ environment.
- Experience with Win32 and Win64 APIs ideally in a graphics-rich arena.
- Experience implementing, or using in your application, ActiveX/COM components.
- A natural ability to troubleshoot, investigate and solve software faults.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to be part of a fast moving and dynamic company.
- A desire to be mentored by others.
Additional skills and experience that would be an added plus:
- Experience refactoring legacy code making it more testable and easier to evolve.
- Experience with other programming languages
- Experience with modern UI subsystems other than MFC
- Experience with image processing, document processing or computer vision
- Experience with PDF and Microsoft Office object models.
Nitro is a global document productivity company. We help organizations of all sizes eliminate paper, accelerate business processes, and drive digital transformation by providing PDF productivity and eSigning for all in a single, affordable solution. Founded in 2005 in Melbourne, Australia, Nitro helps increase efficiency for more than 10,000 businesses globally, including 65% of the 2019 Fortune 500. Nitro headquarters are in San Francisco, with offices in Dublin, London, and Melbourne. Accomplish more with documents and make work more productive at GoNitro.com