Who We Are: Our Beliefs
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
We are seeking Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) to help scale and secure the infrastructure that powers Nitro Cloud.
Nitro SREs are part of the Systems Engineering team, that exists to maximize customer trust and engineering innovation. SREs are experts in software and systems and act as core participants in every significant engineering effort underway here at Nitro. We hire people from both systems and software backgrounds. The strongest candidates will have experience in both.
A taste of our philosophy:
- We believe that engineering should be fun
- The best products demand the best platforms, and that is exactly what we build
- We are passionate about instrumentation, continuous improvement and operational excellence
- We are committed to building systems and services that just work, without heroics
- We not only believe in your personal and professional growth, we expect it
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with a tightly-knit engineering organization to architect, deliver, and improve technical solutions that delight our customers
- Solving problems relating to mission critical services for build, test and delivery automation
- Writing and reviewing software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Nitro Cloud services
- Creating tools to deploy, provision and observe infrastructure efficiently
- Influencing, implementing and discussing new designs, architectures, standards and best practices for large-scale distributed systems
- Together with our other engineering teams, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation point for service incidents
Successful candidates will have some or all of these skills:
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and implementing large-scale distributed systems and architectures
- Versed on SRE best practices and operational excellence for Systems Engineering
- Experience building microservice-based internet SaaS platforms
- Expertise on modern CI/CD architectures, systems and best practices
- Ability to develop software in at least one programming language (e.g. Go, Python, Ruby...) and have experience with / be willing to learn several others.
- Familiarity with diverse programming paradigms, such as object-oriented and functional
- Configuration management expertise (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Salt...)
- Experience using containerization (e.g. Docker) and orchestration frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes) for managing microservices
- Passionate about infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform)
- Expertise in System, Network or Application Security