Who We Are: Our Beliefs
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents, and leading the digital transformation of the world’s largest companies. Today Nitro is the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat, and we’re leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform and eventually leverage artificial intelligence to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
- Nitro Engineering Mission and Values
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks!
- Paperwork sucks - we make people’s lives better
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
- Monopolies are bad
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer in our Dublin office to help us ensure the highest quality for our desktop products and cloud services. If your instincts are “Quality First”, that quality improvements can be added to every step of the software development process, are to drive change to ensure quality deliverables and are to own these means of ensuring success, then this is the job for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with a no-bullshit tightly-knit engineering team to deliver technical solutions that delight our users.
- Troubleshooting issues that challenge our users to assist our engineers deliver success.
- Living the meaning of “done” and how “quality first” works.
- Driving constant quality without delaying delivery.
- Owning the automation and automatability of all tests.
- Ensuring our engineering deliverables delight our customers.
You will need:
- A University Degree in computer science or related field.
- Solid understanding of what Quality means in an agile software development environment. You will need at least 6+ years’ experience driving quality in one or more product delivery organisations.
- Experience working with ensuring quality in products for MS Windows desktop operating systems and for service oriented architectures.
- A natural ability to troubleshoot, investigate and unearth software faults.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to be part of a fast moving and dynamic company.
- A natural ability to mentor and coach engineers and product managers
Additional skills and experience that would be an added plus:
- Experience with driving quality in PDF productivity applications
- Experience with driving quality in MS Office related applications
Nitro is changing the way the world works with documents. As the global leader in document productivity solutions, Nitro enables people to work smarter every day with their documents, on the desktop and in the cloud. From PDF creation, conversion, editing and reviewing capabilities, to cloud-enabled workflows for secure sharing, collaboration and electronic signatures, Nitro offers best-in-class solutions that every knowledge worker in an organization should use to improve productivity, document security and corporate sustainability.
Founded in 2005, Nitro’s enterprise-grade solutions are now trusted by more than 650,000 leading businesses worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Software 500 award winner. Headquartered in San Francisco, Nitro also has offices in Dublin, Ireland and Melbourne, Australia.