Who We Are: Our Beliefs
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents, and leading the digital transformation of the world’s largest companies. Today Nitro is the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat, and we’re leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform and eventually leverage artificial intelligence to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
- Nitro Engineering Mission and Values
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks!
- Paperwork sucks - we make people’s lives better
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
- Monopolies are bad
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with good C++ skills for our Dublin office to help us evolve our products and services, and to assist in the creation of new and exciting products. Can you write kick-ass code? Do you consider yourself to be a keen investigator, a code diver, a bug basher and an all-round trouble-shooter? Are you the type of engineer whose first instinct is to verify your code with robust coded tests? If so then this job is for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with a no-bullshit tightly-knit engineering team to improve technical solutions that delight our users.
- Troubleshoot issues that challenge our users.
- Implement new features that improve the experience of our products for our users
- Contribute to the engineering of entire features and fixes.
- Write clear, concise, and well-tested code.
You will need:
- A University Degree in computer science or related field.
- Solid understanding of C++ with at least 3+ years’ experience working with the language. You will need to be familiar with the more recent C++ standards C++14 and C++17.
- Experience working with test methodologies such as TDD, BDD or equivalent. Ideally this would be in a C++ environment.
- Comfortable with the Standard Template Library.
- Experience with Win32 and Win64 APIs ideally in a graphics-rich arena.
- A natural ability to troubleshoot, investigate and solve software faults.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to be part of a fast moving and dynamic company.
- A desire to be mentored by others.
Additional skills and experience that would be an added plus:
- Experience refactoring legacy code making it more testable and easier to evolve.
- Experience with other programming languages
- Experience with modern UI subsystems other than MFC
- Experience with image processing, document processing or computer vision
- Experience with PDF and Microsoft Office object models.
- Experience implementing, or using in your application, ActiveX/COM components.
Nitro is changing the way the world works with documents. As the global leader in document productivity solutions, Nitro enables people to work smarter every day with their documents, on the desktop and in the cloud. From PDF creation, conversion, editing and reviewing capabilities, to cloud-enabled workflows for secure sharing, collaboration and electronic signatures, Nitro offers best-in-class solutions that every knowledge worker in an organization should use to improve productivity, document security and corporate sustainability.
Founded in 2005, Nitro’s enterprise-grade solutions are now trusted by more than 650,000 leading businesses worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Software 500 award winner. Headquartered in San Francisco, Nitro also has offices in Dublin, Ireland and Melbourne, Australia.