Electronic signatures are the new standard for growing organizations. Electronic signature benefits continue to increasingly improve enterprise's digital workflows.
Electronic signatures enable you to securely and legally sign all types of documents—from lease agreements to job applications to tax forms—without the need for printing and scanning. With our current reality of social distancing and an increasingly digital and remote workplace, easy eSigning is more essential than ever.
Yet research shows that 65% of signatures are still “wet” (aka manual), and a full 51% of printing costs are just to sign a document. A deeper dive into the numbers reveals why: Less than 15% of employees have access to an eSignature tool. With so few knowledge workers equipped with eSigning, it’s no wonder most employees are restricted by antiquated signing processes.
Why are so few workers equipped? The short answer—traditional eSigning can come at a cost. Originally designed to support complex workflows for niche needs, many available eSignature tools are accompanied by a hefty price tag. But the intended purpose and business needs have evolved—and so have available tools. No longer limited to specialized processes, eSigning has become an expectation among employees in every department, while the new generation of affordable, scalable tools can empower enterprises to finally achieve this goal of “eSigning for All.”
Cómo crear una firma electrónica
Creating an electronic signature is probably easier and simpler than you think. Here’s how you can set one up in Nitro Sign in just minutes and say goodbye to printing, signing by hand, scanning, and emailing. Because, honestly, who has time for that?
Creating an electronic signature in Nitro Sign, step by step:
- From the Home dashboard, click on Tools in the left-hand menu, then select Sign
- Choose a document from your local desktop, any of the cloud storage providers, or a pre-existing Nitro Sign document
- With the document open, click on your name/email in the Signers panel on the left of your screen to reveal a list of form field options
- Drag and drop the required fields onto the documents. The fields will be pre-populated with stored signatures, and other information—if available—will be editable
- Each form field can be moved and resized, and by clicking the tooltip you can change the field type
- After verifying the information in the fields added, click Save Signatures
- Once the document is saved, you will be notified, and your signed document will be available in My Documents (Note: Document status will be updated to Signed)
- Alternatively, you can navigate to My Documents, add and open the desired document, and click Sign under the Home tab
Once you’ve created your eSignature, you can save it for future use. The next time you need to sign a document in Nitro Sign, you can simply select from your saved signatures.
How to Add an Electronic Signature to a PDF
Ever heard of the “analog interrupt”? It’s when digitized workflows come to a screeching halt because of the need to print documents. Our current reality of working from home makes the analog interrupt more time consuming than ever. To adapt to the new normal and prepare for the future of digital work, eSigning is a must. Learning how to add electronic signatures to your PDFs will keep your workflows more efficient and your documents more secure.
How to electronically sign a PDF in Nitro Sign, step by step:
- Sign into Nitro Sign
- Select ‘Send for Signature’ in the upper right-hand corner
- On the ensuing prompt, please select your document from the sources provided
- Once uploaded, your document will open automatically in Nitro Sign and you can add a recipient that you wish to sign the document
- The prompt besides each recipient will have a list of fields to place onto your document
- Next, you will be taken to the Prepare Message prompt (Note: Here, you can edit the Subject and Message of the email that will be sent out with your signature request.)
- Once you have completed your message and are ready to send your request, select the “Request Signature” button (Note: You will receive a message on the top-right corner of the screen that says, “Signature Request Sent”)
Finding a smarter eSignature solution for your business
No matter your industry, your organization can benefit from eSigning and digitized workflows– especially in these challenging times.
Get started with Nitro Sign for free today. No complications, no catches, and no limits—we promise.