Who we are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
It comes back to one of our core values:
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact. Non-high performers need not apply.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory
Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible and easy to prove: We believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission: we hire creative, intelligent, talented people; we build great products that delight our customers; and we are doing it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Accounting Team at HQ in San Francisco to support day to day operations and month end close procedures.
This role will play an integral part in the accounting close process with opportunities to work on various projects in the future as we scale. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently but also part of a collaborative, fun-loving team. This position will report to the Assistant Controller within the Accounting team.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Ongoing journal entry preparation and review
- Owning GL related month-end close tasks
- Responsible for AP/AR process review
- Preparing reconciliations, schedules, and analyses
- Reviewing expense related transactions
- Assist with customer billing process expansion
- Optimizing systems and procedures as we grow to improve processes
- Participate in quarterly, year-end audit and tax preparations
- Performing ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of corporate accounting and/or public accounting experience
- 3+ years of revenue recognition experience in the software industry, SaaS experience a plus
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), ASC 606/IFRS 15 and working knowledge of all other current authoritative literature
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification preferred
- Proficiency with NetSuite with admin experience
- Previous work experience with Concur or other expense report system
- Competent with Excel and other MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM system
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research discrepancies to solve problems
- Proven ability for clear and effective written / verbal communication
- Ability to work independently, maintain tight deadlines, solve problems proactively
Nitro is a global document productivity company. We help organizations of all sizes eliminate paper, accelerate business processes, and drive digital transformation by providing PDF productivity and eSigning for all in a single, affordable solution. Founded in 2005 in Melbourne, Australia, Nitro helps increase efficiency for more than 10,000 businesses globally, including 65% of the 2019 Fortune 500. Nitro headquarters are in San Francisco, with offices in Dublin, London, and Melbourne. Accomplish more with documents and make work more productive at GoNitro.com.