Who We Are: Our Beliefs
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents, and leading the digital transformation of the world's largest companies. Today Nitro is a prominent document productivity solution, the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat and a leading eSignature solution. We are leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Why Nitro Engineering :
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
The Role :
We're looking for a Data Engineer to join our engineering team in Dublin. You will be working on building the Data Platform for our SaaS Backend. The optimal candidate has experience in large distributed systems engineering and wants to learn more about data-engineering or the other way around (you know about data-engineering and want to learn more about building a large, distributed micro-services architecture).
What you'll be doing :
- You will be designing, developing, and operating data pipelines to provide high quality datasets to internal and external customers.
- Owning solutions to support a rapidly-growing business and massive usage scale from idea through running in production
- Working closely with a tightly-knit team within a high performing engineering culture
- Pushing the envelope on what's possible and applying pragmatic approaches to building sustainable solutions
- Helping establish best engineering practices and mentoring others
- Building automated test suites
- Gaining the satisfaction from delighting customers
What we're looking for :
- 3+ years of experience with large distributed systems, including at least three of the areas below:
- Micro-service architectures and RESTful services
- Event driven & streaming architectures
- Large-scale data processing frameworks, e.g. Spark, Flink, Hadoop
- Infrastructure as a service (e.g. AWS EMR, Kinesis, ...)
- 3+ years of experience in a JVM based programming language (e.g. Scala, Kotlin, Java)
- Enthusiasm and a growth mindset (research and prototyping are a major part of this job)
- Someone who can build prototypes that help distil the vision into a working product
- Ability to move fast and distinguish signal from noise in everyday work life
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate :
- Production experience with a functional programming language (particularly Scala, but also Clojure, Haskell, Erlang, …)
- Experience with large-scale data processing frameworks, e.g. Spark
- Experience with AWS EMR and data-pipelines
- Proven track record with commercial SaaS applications used globally at a massive scale
- Blogging or presenting at conferences on functional or data engineering topics
About Nitro :
Founded in 2005, Nitro's enterprise-grade solutions are now trusted by more than 650,000 leading businesses worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Software 500 award winner. Headquartered in San Francisco, Nitro also has offices in Dublin, Ireland and Melbourne, Australia.