At Nitro, we are looking for a quality-focused Senior Build Engineer to assist our software developers to create and maintain world class enterprise software products.
The successful candidate will join a diverse team of highly technical individuals who all have a shared motivation of truly delighting our customers.
Who We Are: Our Beliefs
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents, and leading the digital transformation of the world’s largest companies. Today Nitro is the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat, and we’re leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform and eventually leverage artificial intelligence to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
- Nitro Engineering Mission and Values
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks!
- Paperwork sucks - we make people’s lives better
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
What you'll be doing:
You will, from the outset, create, maintain, configure and optimise our cloud, server and local systems that execute the build systems and automated testing environment which, today, are the fundamental elements of our CI/CD process. Initially this will be focused on supporting the development of the desktop software and cloud-based components of the Nitro Productivity Suite.
Building on that success, you will be instrumental in creating and evolving our processes and systems from what is currently in place to that required to support the evolution of our enterprise cloud, desktop and other products.
- Oversee and ensure uptime, performance and availability of the processes and systems we use to enable frequent high quality releases.
- Work closely with our developers and QA engineers to deliver on CI/CD needs and continuously improve those processes and systems.
- Be the final arbiter on the correctness and quality of our build scripts and automated test code.
- Design, build and maintain frameworks for testing the integration between product components and between products themselves.
- Work with the developers to establish and evangelise best practises.
Required Technical Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years experience in a DevOps role or similar
- CI/CD experience with Jenkins, TestLink and related technologies
- Highly competent with Java (ideally v8 or later).
- Familiarity with the following third party components: AutoIt, Sikuli, UIAutomation, WebDriver, or similar
- Experience with containers and virtualization solutions, e.g. Docker, Mesos
- AWS mastery
- System administration and orchestration of Windows and Linux platforms
- Scripting using Groovy, PowerShell, Python or similar
- Fluency with Technical English
Nice to have:
- Quality Assurance experience
- Azure mastery
- C or C++ development
- Maven, cmake
- Comfortable with Git, GitHub and the IntelliJ IDE
Nitro is changing the way the world works with documents. As the global leader in document productivity solutions, Nitro enables people to work smarter every day with their documents, on the desktop and in the cloud. From PDF creation, conversion, editing and reviewing capabilities, to cloud-enabled workflows for secure sharing, collaboration and electronic signatures, Nitro offers best-in-class solutions that every knowledge worker in an organization should use to improve productivity, document security and corporate sustainability.
Founded in 2005, Nitro’s enterprise-grade solutions are now trusted by more than 650,000 leading businesses worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Software 500 award winner. Headquartered in San Francisco, Nitro also has offices in Dublin, Ireland and Melbourne, Australia.