Who we are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks!
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture!
- Monopolies are bad
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborating with Product Management, Engineering and Design
- Building elegant interfaces that deliver amazing customer experiences
- Building automated end to end tests
- Building deployment workflows to support continuous delivery
- Researching new front-end technologies to drive innovation
- Evaluating the existing application codebase and driving improvement
- Evangelizing best practices and standards
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as a Front End Engineer or equivalent
- 3+ years building browser-based rich user interface applications
- Professional experience with end-to-end test automation frameworks
- Professional experience with CSS and CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, or similar)
- Professional experience with responsive design specifically targeting mobile web browsers
- Professional experience integrating with internal and external RESTful services
- Professional experience with npm or similar package management tools
- Professional experience with Webpack or similar build tools
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions for modern browsers
- Ability to advocate for front-end development standards, design patterns, and best practices
- Ability to translate a high-level open-ended requirement into a working prototype
Nice to have:
- Experience working in Java or Scala (functional programming approach)
- Experience with asynchronous / event driven architectures
Nitro is a global document productivity company. We help organizations of all sizes eliminate paper, accelerate business processes, and drive digital transformation by providing PDF productivity and eSigning for all in a single, affordable solution. Founded in 2005 in Melbourne, Australia, Nitro helps increase efficiency for more than 10,000 businesses globally, including 65% of the 2019 Fortune 500. Nitro headquarters are in San Francisco, with offices in Dublin, London, and Melbourne. Accomplish more with documents and make work more productive at GoNitro.com.