Who We Are: Our Beliefs
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents, and leading the digital transformation of the world’s largest companies. Today Nitro is the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat, and we’re leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform and eventually leverage artificial intelligence to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks!
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
What you'll be doing:
- You’ll be focusing on applying distributed systems concepts to our problem domain
- Owning solutions to support a rapidly-growing business and massive usage scale from idea through running in production
- Working closely with a no-bullshit tightly-knit engineering
- Pushing the envelope on what's possible and applying pragmatic approaches to building sustainable solutions
- Helping establish best engineering practices and mentoring others
- Establishing automated test frameworks
- Vigilantly monitoring and improving back-end performance
- Gaining the satisfaction from easing customer pain
What we're looking for:
- 2-4 years of experience with large distributed systems infrastructures. Including:
- Micro-service architectures
- Event driven concepts
- Modern web or RPC frameworks
- REST concepts (in detail)
- Enthusiasm and a learning mindset (research and prototyping are a major part of this job)
- Someone who can help distil the vision into a working prototype and then evolve that to a product serving millions
- Ability to move fast and distinguish signal from noise in everyday work life
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate:
- Experience with functional programming concepts
- Experience with software behind web collaboration and productivity applications
- Proven track record with commercial SaaS applications used globally at a massive scale
- Blogging or presenting at conferences on distributed systems topics
Nitro is changing the way the world works with documents. As the global leader in document productivity solutions, Nitro enables people to work smarter every day with their documents, on the desktop and in the cloud. From PDF creation, conversion, editing and reviewing capabilities, to cloud-enabled workflows for secure sharing, collaboration and electronic signatures, Nitro offers best-in-class solutions that every knowledge worker in an organization should use to improve productivity, document security and corporate sustainability.
Founded in 2005, Nitro’s enterprise-grade solutions are now trusted by more than 650,000 leading businesses worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Software 500 award winner. Headquartered in San Francisco, Nitro also has offices in Dublin, Ireland and Melbourne, Australia.