A global SaaS leader for seamless digital document workflows, Nitro offers a suite of solutions for PDF, eSigning, identity verification and analytics supported by a best-in-class customer success and change management team. With more than 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ business customers across 157 countries, we serve 67% of the Fortune 500.
We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees. It all comes back to our core values:
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory
We help the world work smarter and have plenty of fun while doing it! Come be part of the Nitro good life!
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our engineering team in Porto. You will use your skills in software development and big data processing, storage and analytics to help us build our next generation of products and data initiatives. Working on a multi-disciplinary team of data engineers, data scientists and business SMEs, your work will play a key role in how we exploit our data. The systems you deliver will be the foundation for delivering business insights and driving data driven decision making here at Nitro.
What you'll be doing :
- You will be designing, developing, and operating data pipelines to provide high quality datasets to internal and external customers.
- Leveraging additional data sources through integrations with internal and external systems
- Building and maintaining REST services to serve the data needs of other components
- Owning solutions that support a rapidly-growing business at massive scale from idea through to running in production
- Working closely with a tightly-knit, multi-discipline team within a high performing engineering culture
- Working with other engineering teams to design instrumentation strategies
- Building automated test suites
What we're looking for :
- 5+ years of experience in data/software engineering
- Familiarity with Scala
- Excellent data wrangling skills and a solid knowledge of SQL
- Enthusiasm & a growth mindset (research and prototyping are a big part of this job)
- A self-driven and delivery focused attitude
- CI/CD knowledge (i.e., GitHub Actions)
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate :
- Experience with large-scale data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, EMR, Hadoop) and data pipelines (e.g. AWS data pipelines)
- Experience with event driven and streaming architectures (e.g. Kafka, Spark-Streaming, Flink, Akka Streams)
- Production experience with a functional programming language (particularly Scala, but also Clojure, Haskell, Erlang, …)
- Experience managing a data warehouse (ideally Snowflake)
- Working knowledge of a cloud environment (ideally AWS)
- Experience of configuration as code, i.e., Terraform
- Experience in Micro-service architectures, RESTful services and integrating with third party services.
- Working knowledge of containers and container orchestration (Kubernetes) and Kubernetes layered software, e.g., ArgoCD
- A DevOps mindset
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
Flex Time Off
Work-life balance is important at Nitro, and we understand that there are events that we cannot plan for. We are proud to offer Flex Time Off to be used for holidays, spending days with your family, or appointments.
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
Nitro strongly encourages applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We provide an accessible candidate experience and invite you to request any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond. #LI-NS1