A global SaaS leader for seamless digital document workflows, Nitro offers a suite of solutions for PDF, eSigning, identity verification and analytics supported by a best-in-class customer success and change management team. With more than 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ business customers across 157 countries, we serve 67% of the Fortune 500.
How We Work:
Our mission is to help create, develop, and support an environment where great people come to do their best work. We believe there is a balance to strike between “work hard, play hard,” and we strive to improve in both areas every day.
We put our customers, employees, and communities at the center of everything we do. It all comes back to our core values:
Be Good - Nitronauts are good humans with big hearts that are respectful and supportive of each other. We celebrate individuality and diversity and strive to foster an environment where people can be themselves and do their best work.
Performance First - We like to challenge ourselves. We’re passionate about exceeding expectations and stepping outside our comfort zones to get to the next level. It’s our ambition that pushes us to work hard and deliver strong results.
No B.S. - This one is self-explanatory, but we’re all about transparency, honesty, and authenticity here. We don’t beat around the bush; we tell it like it is.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
The Role :
We're looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join our growing Data Science & Analytics team in Dublin. You will use your skills in data analytics, software development, machine learning and big data processing to exploit our data and enable data driven decision making and automated intervention. The role has a strong focus on practical data science and the successful candidate will be skilled in preparing and delivering analyses that are actionable and can translate to a positive impact to our business.
What you'll be doing :
· Build on LLMs (ChatGPT) to provide tools to our internal and external users
· Delivering analyses and building data products to extract actionable business insights
· Using machine learning to deliver classification and predictive models to support analysis and intervention
· Working closely with a tightly-knit team, helping to guide the development of our data platform
· Working with our data engineers to deliver solutions that provide ongoing insights
· Working with massive data sets, you will build strong domain knowledge and help identify gaps in our data
· Using state of the art, cloud based technologies primarily on AWS
· Helping to establish best practice and mentoring others
· Identifying how to use AI to drive our vision of making documents smarter
What we're looking for :
· BSc, MSc or Phd in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related · 5+ years of experience in data analytics, delivering data insights and using machine learning techniques
· Experience working with open problem statements and mapping business problems into data science opportunities
· A strong background in statistical analysis and data mining
· Strong proficiency with a scientific computing language (Such as Python)
· Strong SQL skills and experience extracting datasets from disparate sources
· Experience with analysis and visualization tools (such as jupyter notebooks, Zeppelin, SuperSet, QuickSight, Tableau, etc.)
· Enthusiasm, passion, strong collaboration skills and a desire to explore large datasets
· Other skills: Experiment Design, Behvaioural Segmentation, Uncertainty quantification in practical scenarios
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate :
· Experience with DeepLearning Modelling on Images or Documents (Tensorflow, Pytorch)
· Prototyping experience with Generative Language models
· Independence and autonomy as regards data modelling and working beside and within Engineering environments
· Experience with version control and data modelling environments (e.g. DBT)
· Proven Track record of coaching, mentoring, and guiding individuals in their analytics professional growth
· Expertise and an interest in natural language processing and text analysis
· Experience using machine learning approach in a commercial environment
· Blogging or presenting at conferences on data science/analytics topics
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
Flex Time Off
Work-life balance is important at Nitro, and we understand that there are events that we cannot plan for. We are proud to offer Flex Time Off to be used for holidays, spending days with your family, or appointments.
We will offer a flexible work environment forever. This hybrid approach allows our team the flexibility to work remotely and have access to in-person time for collaboration sessions and team offsites.
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
Nitro strongly encourages applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We provide an accessible candidate experience and invite you to request any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond.