A global SaaS leader for seamless digital document workflows, Nitro offers a suite of solutions for PDF, eSigning, identity verification and analytics supported by a best-in-class customer success and change management team. With more than 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ business customers across 157 countries, we serve 67% of the Fortune 500.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
We are seeking a highly skilled Principal Frontend Engineer. The ideal candidate will have experience in Angular, DevOps, automation, as well as a strong foundation in engineering fundamentals. As Principal Engineer, You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our software applications, designing and implementing efficient and scalable software solutions. You will drive the technical direction, mentor the team and ensure best practices are adhered to.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborating with Product Management, Engineering and Design to build scalable products.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the frontend engineering guild, ensuring adherence to best practices, architectural standards, and coding conventions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and drive the technical strategy for frontend engineering, including the adoption of new tools, frameworks, and best practices.
- Building elegant interfaces that deliver amazing customer experiences
- Building automated end to end tests
- Building deployment workflows to support continuous delivery
- Researching new front-end technologies to drive innovation
- Evaluating the existing application codebase and driving improvement
- Evangelizing best practices and standards
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as a Front End Engineer or equivalent
- 5+ years building browser-based rich user interface applications
- Professional experience with CSS and CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, or similar)
- Ability to translate a high-level open-ended requirement into a working prototype with real data
- Professional experience with end-to-end test automation frameworks
- Professional experience with responsive design specifically targeting mobile web browsers
- Professional experience integrating with internal and external RESTful services
- Professional experience with npm or similar package management tools
- Professional experience with Webpack or similar build tools
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions for modern browsers
- Ability to advocate for front-end development standards, design patterns, and best practices
How We Work:
Our mission is to help create, develop, and support an environment where great people come to do their best work. We believe there is a balance to strike between “work hard, play hard,” and we strive to improve in both areas every day.
We put our customers, employees, and communities at the center of everything we do. It all comes back to our core values:
- Be Good - Nitronauts are good humans with big hearts that are respectful and supportive of each other. We celebrate individuality and diversity and strive to foster an environment where people can be themselves and do their best work.
- Performance First - We like to challenge ourselves. We’re passionate about exceeding expectations and stepping outside our comfort zones to get to the next level. It’s our ambition that pushes us to work hard and deliver strong results.
- No B.S. - This one is self-explanatory, but we’re all about transparency, honesty, and authenticity here. We don’t beat around the bush; we tell it like it is.
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
Flex Time Off
Work-life balance is important at Nitro, and we understand that there are events that we cannot plan for. We are proud to offer Flex Time Off to be used for holidays, spending days with your family, or appointments.
We will offer a flexible work environment forever. This hybrid approach allows our team the flexibility to work remotely and have access to in-person time for collaboration sessions and team offsites.
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
Nitro strongly encourages applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We provide an accessible candidate experience and invite you to request any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond.