A global SaaS leader for seamless digital document workflows, Nitro offers a suite of solutions for PDF, eSigning, identity verification and analytics supported by a best-in-class customer success and change management team. With more than 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ business customers across 157 countries, we serve 67% of the Fortune 500.
How We Work:
Our mission is to help create, develop, and support an environment where great people come to do their best work. We believe there is a balance to strike between “work hard, play hard,” and we strive to improve in both areas every day.
We put our customers, employees, and communities at the center of everything we do. It all comes back to our core values:
Be Good - Nitronauts are good humans with big hearts that are respectful and supportive of each other. We celebrate individuality and diversity and strive to foster an environment where people can be themselves and do their best work.
Performance First - We like to challenge ourselves. We’re passionate about exceeding expectations and stepping outside our comfort zones to get to the next level. It’s our ambition that pushes us to work hard and deliver strong results.
No B.S. - This one is self-explanatory, but we’re all about transparency, honesty, and authenticity here. We don’t beat around the bush; we tell it like it is.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help scale and secure the infrastructure that powers Nitro Sign.
Nitro SREs are part of the Systems Engineering team, which exists to maximize customer trust and engineering innovation. SREs are experts in software and systems and act as core participants in every significant engineering effort underway here at Nitro. We hire people from both systems and software backgrounds. The strongest candidates will have experience in both.
A taste of our philosophy:
- We believe that engineering should be fun
- The best products demand the best platforms, and that is exactly what we build
- We are passionate about instrumentation, continuous improvement and operational excellence
- We are committed to building systems and services that just work, without heroics
- We not only believe in your personal and professional growth, we expect it
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with a tightly-knit engineering organization to architect, deliver, and improve technical solutions that delight our customers
- Solving problems relating to mission critical services for build, test and delivery automation
- Writing and reviewing software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Nitro Cloud services
- Creating tools to deploy, provision and observe infrastructure efficiently
- Influencing, implementing and discussing new designs, architectures, standards and best practices for large-scale distributed systems
- Together with our other engineering teams, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation point for service incidents
What we're looking for:
- Experience with securing cloud platforms and approaches engineering with a security-first mindset
- Versed on SRE best practices and operational excellence for Systems Engineering
- Experience with the three pillars of observability (logs, metrics, traces) and can use these to effectively troubleshoot performance and availability issues
- Experience building microservice-based internet SaaS platforms
- Experience with modern CI/CD architectures, systems and best practices
- Comfortable in at least one programming language (e.g. Go, Python, Ruby...)
- Experience using containerization (e.g. Docker) and orchestration frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes) for managing microservices
- Passionate about infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience with Cloud Providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) and their core services (networking, storage, compute, databases, security)
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
Flex Time Off
Work-life balance is important at Nitro, and we understand that there are events that we cannot plan for. We are proud to offer Flex Time Off to be used for holidays, spending days with your family, or appointments.
90 Days Away
We offer the opportunity for employees to travel and explore while working from anywhere. Employees can extend vacations and spend more time with family, and work from anywhere for up to 90 days.
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
Nitro strongly encourages applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We provide an accessible candidate experience and invite you to request any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond.