Principal Engineer .Net
Nitro is a global document productivity company accelerating digital transformation in a world that demands the ability to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. As a global player in the eSign and workflow productivity market, Nitro enables organisations to drive better business outcomes through 100% digital document processes and fast, efficient workflows. The Nitro Productivity Platform offers comprehensive SaaS business solutions, including highly secure eSigning and e-ID, powerful PDF productivity and industry-leading analytics, all supported by a superior customer success team. Nitro has over 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ Business Customers in more than 150 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco with nine global hubs.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
Nitro is looking for a Principal Engineer (.Net) the ideal candidate will have experience in build and release, DevOps, and automation, as well as a strong foundation in engineering fundamentals. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our software applications, designing and implementing efficient and scalable software solutions. Additionally, as Principal Engineer you will be expected to mentor and upskill other developers technically and ensure best practices are adhered to.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and maintain complex .NET applications using best practices and standards.
- Design and implement efficient and scalable software solutions that meet business needs.
- Implement and manage continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for software releases.
- Develop and maintain automated testing and quality assurance processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure system availability and reliability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues related to software applications and infrastructure.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies and make recommendations for improvements to our software systems.
- Mentor other developers from a technical perspective.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent by experience
- Several years of relevant experience within .NET technologies.
- Have a natural affinity with technology.
- Good knowledge of REST/gRPC protocol.
- Understand Cloud technologies and services (Azure, AWS)
- Have a strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- The .NET framework (ASP.NET, MVC and Web API) feels like a home to you.
- Familiar with unit and integration testing.
- Familiar with Entity Framework or another object-relational mapping framework.
- Experience with or knowledge Azure and terraform is a big advantage.
- Experience with NoSQL / document databases is a big plus.
- Experience with Docker / containers is a big plus.
- You have great people skills and you know how to motivate a team.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
How We Work:
Our mission is to help create, develop, and support an environment where great people come to do their best work. We believe there is a balance to strike between “work hard, play hard,” and we strive to improve in both areas every day.
We put our customers, employees, and communities at the center of everything we do. It all comes back to our core values:
- Be Good - Nitronauts are good humans with big hearts that are respectful and supportive of each other. We celebrate individuality and diversity and strive to foster an environment where people can be themselves and do their best work.
- Performance First - We like to challenge ourselves. We’re passionate about exceeding expectations and stepping outside our comfort zones to get to the next level. It’s our ambition that pushes us to work hard and deliver strong results.
- No B.S. - This one is self-explanatory, but we’re all about transparency, honesty, and authenticity here. We don’t beat around the bush; we tell it like it is.
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
Flex Time Off
Work-life balance is important at Nitro, and we understand that there are events that we cannot plan for. We are proud to offer Flex Time Off to be used for holidays, spending days with your family, or appointments.
We will offer a flexible work environment forever. This hybrid approach allows our team the flexibility to work remotely and have access to in-person time for collaboration sessions and team offsites.
90 Days Away
We offer the opportunity for employees to travel and explore while working from anywhere. Employees can extend vacations and spend more time with family, and work from anywhere for up to 90 days.
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Nitro provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.