Senior GO Engineer (Remote)
Nitro is a global document productivity company accelerating digital transformation in a world that demands the ability to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. As a global player in the eSign and workflow productivity market, Nitro enables organisations to drive better business outcomes through 100% digital document processes and fast, efficient workflows. The Nitro Productivity Platform offers comprehensive SaaS business solutions, including highly secure eSigning and e-ID, powerful PDF productivity and industry-leading analytics, all supported by a superior customer success team. Nitro has over 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ Business Customers in more than 150 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco with nine global hubs.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
Nitro are looking to hire an experienced GO Engineer to join their team.
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture of building amazing product experiences for our customers and making a positive impact on our business.
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
What you'll be doing:
- You'll be focusing on applying distributed systems concepts to our problem domain
- Owning solutions to support a rapidly-growing business and massive usage scale from idea through running in production
- Working closely with a no-bullshit tightly-knit engineering
- Pushing the envelope on what's possible and applying pragmatic approaches to building sustainable solutions
- Helping establish best engineering practices and mentoring others
- Establishing automated test frameworks
- Vigilantly monitoring and improving back-end performance
- Gaining the satisfaction from easing customer pain
What we're looking for:
- 2-4 years experience coding with Go
- 2-4 years of experience with large distributed systems infrastructures. Including:
- Micro-service architectures
- Event driven concepts
- Modern web or RPC frameworks
- REST concepts (in detail)
- Enthusiasm and a learning mindset (research and prototyping are a major part of this job)
- Someone who can help distil the vision into a working prototype and then evolve that to a product serving millions
- Ability to move fast and distinguish signal from noise in everyday work life
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate:
- Familiarity with our tech stack or equivalent technologies; AWS, Terraform, K8s
- Experience with contract based development
- Experience with software behind web collaboration and productivity applications
- Experience with our other backend languages - scala, typescript,
- Proven track record with commercial SaaS applications used globally at a massive scale
- Blogging or presenting at conferences on distributed systems topics
How We Work:
Our mission is to help create, develop, and support an environment where great people come to do their best work. We believe there is a balance to strike between “work hard, play hard,” and we strive to improve in both areas every day.
We put our customers, employees, and communities at the center of everything we do. It all comes back to our core values:
- Be Good - Nitronauts are good humans with big hearts that are respectful and supportive of each other. We celebrate individuality and diversity and strive to foster an environment where people can be themselves and do their best work.
- Performance First - We like to challenge ourselves. We’re passionate about exceeding expectations and stepping outside our comfort zones to get to the next level. It’s our ambition that pushes us to work hard and deliver strong results.
- No B.S. - This one is self-explanatory, but we’re all about transparency, honesty, and authenticity here. We don’t beat around the bush; we tell it like it is.
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
We will offer a flexible work environment forever. This hybrid approach allows our team the flexibility to work remotely and have access to in-person time for collaboration sessions and team offsites.
90 Days Away
We offer the opportunity for employees to travel and explore while working from anywhere. Employees can extend vacations and spend more time with family, and work from anywhere for up to 90 days.
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Nitro provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.