Information Security Officer
Nitro is a global document productivity company accelerating digital transformation in a world that demands the ability to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. As a global player in the eSign and workflow productivity market, Nitro enables organisations to drive better business outcomes through 100% digital document processes and fast, efficient workflows. The Nitro Productivity Platform offers comprehensive SaaS business solutions, including highly secure eSigning and e-ID, powerful PDF productivity and industry-leading analytics, all supported by a superior customer success team. Nitro has over 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ Business Customers in more than 150 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco with nine global hubs.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
Currently, we are looking for an Information Security Officer to manage Nitro’s ISMS efforts. This role will report to Head of Governance, Risk and Compliance, which acts as first and second line of defense regarding Information Security, Data Protection and Compliance where you will operate in an international team of Information Security professionals. This role is located in Berlin or Antwerp.
This is a Trusted Role and will be subject to the checks and controls identified by Nitro for such role.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage and contribute to ISO 27001 ISMS operations and new requirements.
- Manage and contribute toward Qualified Trust Services Provider certification (QTSP).
- Contribute to the development of the Common Controls Framework and evidence collection.
- Facilitate and manage the operational risks directly or indirectly impacting ISMS.
- Monitor local regulatory requirements and changes as they impact ISMS or QTSP scope.
- Facilitate ISO 27001 audit with external and internal auditors.
- Perform ISMS operational checks, identify gaps and advising on mitigations.
What we're looking for:
As our Information Security Officer, you need to have:
- At least 5 years of experience as ISMS implementer, managing and implementing ISO 27001 ISMS controls.
- At least 3 years of experience in project management
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Experience with information security, security certifications and risk assessments
- Working knowledge of common information security management frameworks, regulatory requirements, and applicable standards such as ISO 27001:2013/2022, NIST CSF, ETSI standards for eIDAS, etc.
- Knowledge of information protection methodologies and concepts, such as identification and authentication, access control, audit trails
- Strong interpersonal communication and coordination skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of employees, leaders at various levels, and other customers.
- Knowledge of international and local security standards
- English is must. Knowledge of French is beneficial.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Application (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Coordination, facilitation, consultation, and conflict resolution skills
Skills we'd like:
It would be great if you have the following skills, too:
- Higher education/relevant security certifications like ISO 27001 Lead Implementer, CISM or CISA
- Understanding of information technologies and data security
- Knowledge of the business or digital signature area and organization.
- Ability to promote an information security culture within the organization.
How We Work:
Our mission is to help create, develop, and support an environment where great people come to do their best work. We believe there is a balance to strike between “work hard, play hard,” and we strive to improve in both areas every day.
We put our customers, employees, and communities at the center of everything we do. It all comes back to our core values:
- Be Good - Nitronauts are good humans with big hearts that are respectful and supportive of each other. We celebrate individuality and diversity and strive to foster an environment where people can be themselves and do their best work.
- Performance First - We like to challenge ourselves. We’re passionate about exceeding expectations and stepping outside our comfort zones to get to the next level. It’s our ambition that pushes us to work hard and deliver strong results.
- No B.S. - This one is self-explanatory, but we’re all about transparency, honesty, and authenticity here. We don’t beat around the bush; we tell it like it is.
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
We will offer a flexible work environment forever. This hybrid approach allows our team the flexibility to work remotely and have access to in-person time for collaboration sessions and team offsites.
90 Days Away
We offer the opportunity for employees to travel and explore while working from anywhere. Employees can extend vacations and spend more time with family, and work from anywhere for up to 90 days.
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Nitro provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.