Nitro is a global document productivity company accelerating digital transformation in a world that demands the ability to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. As a global player in the eSign and workflow productivity market, Nitro enables organisations to drive better business outcomes through 100% digital document processes and fast, efficient workflows. The Nitro Productivity Platform offers comprehensive SaaS business solutions, including highly secure eSigning and e-ID, powerful PDF productivity and industry-leading analytics, all supported by a superior customer success team. Nitro has over 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ Business Customers in more than 150 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco with nine global hubs.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
We are looking to hire a (Senior) IT Engineer to join us to help build and evolve our enterprise technology, identity and access approach and participate in the continued evolution of a secure, efficient and scalable enterprise architecture.
The person we're looking for is a highly motivated, self-sufficient and talented technology professional who can help build out our Enterprise IT approach. This role will report to the Senior Director of Corporate IT. This person will be a hands-on Engineer, with strong technical background, passion for continuous improvement, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The Corporate IT team at Nitro focuses on partnering with groups throughout the company to create and deliver infrastructure, applications and services that are flexible, scalable, and secure. We also build partnerships with our Security team in meeting security-related requirements and providing input on infrastructure and operations security proposals. The team will also use tools and create practices which will allow us to scale our work to cover a diverse and complex set of services across the broader organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Handle, prioritise and effectively respond to a wide variety of Nitro employee request encompassing issues including laptops, networks, cloud, security, and software.
- Support the implementation of modern technologies, solutions, and services in line with current industry standards and business strategy.
- Creating user documentation and knowledge base articles to help educate the business and to enable a culture of self-service.
- Work very closely with our Security & Sys Eng Teams on refining escalation processes, knowledge base articles, and work collaboratively to create an environment of learning.
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors to maintain effective relationships and ensuring that SLAs are adhered to.
- Acting as a senior technical point of contact, offering technical advice and solutions in a communicative and collaborative way
What we're looking for:
- Ability to articulate complex technical and business solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to interact and communicate with senior management
- Proactive, positive, self-starter with a passion for continually improving the processes around you.
- Ability to work in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Ability to work both independently and take direction.
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Azure / Exchange & O365 platforms. Including a Microsoft Hybrid Cloud environment (On-Premises Active Directory & SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager))
- Experience managing client operating systems with MDM (Mobile Device Management) software such as JAMF, Workspace ONE, Intune, or similar
- A background in managing a highly distributed and remote fleet of Windows and macOS computers
- Good working knowledge of network infrastructure
- Experience with SSO set-up and integrations (Okta and Microsoft)
- Working knowledge of enterprise authentication systems (Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, 802.11x)
- (Nice to Have) Experience around scripting with PowerShell, and Bash.
- (Nice to Have) Experience working within Security Operations team on technologies such as EDR / IAM / SIEM
- (Nice to Have) Knowledge of production related ITIL management methodology, and you are familiar with modern management tools
How We Work:
Our mission is to help create, develop, and support an environment where great people come to do their best work. We believe there is a balance to strike between “work hard, play hard,” and we strive to improve in both areas every day.
We put our customers, employees, and communities at the center of everything we do. It all comes back to our core values:
- Be Good - Nitronauts are good humans with big hearts that are respectful and supportive of each other. We celebrate individuality and diversity and strive to foster an environment where people can be themselves and do their best work.
- Performance First - We like to challenge ourselves. We’re passionate about exceeding expectations and stepping outside our comfort zones to get to the next level. It’s our ambition that pushes us to work hard and deliver strong results.
- No B.S. - This one is self-explanatory, but we’re all about transparency, honesty, and authenticity here. We don’t beat around the bush; we tell it like it is.
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
We will offer a flexible work environment forever. This hybrid approach allows our team the flexibility to work remotely and have access to in-person time for collaboration sessions and team offsites.
90 Days Away
We offer the opportunity for employees to travel and explore while working from anywhere. Employees can extend vacations and spend more time with family, and work from anywhere for up to 90 days.
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Nitro provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.