Nitro is a global document productivity company accelerating digital transformation in a world that demands the ability to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. As a global player in the eSign and workflow productivity market, Nitro enables organisations to drive better business outcomes through 100% digital document processes and fast, efficient workflows. The Nitro Productivity Platform offers comprehensive SaaS business solutions, including highly secure eSigning and e-ID, powerful PDF productivity and industry-leading analytics, all supported by a superior customer success team. Nitro has over 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ Business Customers in more than 150 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco with nine global hubs.
How We Work:
Our mission is to help create, develop, and support an environment where great people come to do their best work. We believe there is a balance to strike between “work hard, play hard,” and we strive to improve in both areas every day.
We put our customers, employees, and communities at the center of everything we do. It all comes back to our core values:
- Be Good - Nitronauts are good humans with big hearts that are respectful and supportive of each other. We celebrate individuality and diversity and strive to foster an environment where people can be themselves and do their best work.
- Performance First - We like to challenge ourselves. We’re passionate about exceeding expectations and stepping outside our comfort zones to get to the next level. It’s our ambition that pushes us to work hard and deliver strong results.
- No B.S. - This one is self-explanatory, but we’re all about transparency, honesty, and authenticity here. We don’t beat around the bush; we tell it like it is.
We are looking for an Accountant to join our growing Global Finance Team! You will be an integral part of our Order-to-Cash cycle, in collaboration with the accounting team and other departments. In particular, you will be involved in the Sales Orders, Accounts Receivable, and Revenue Recognition functions. Additional responsibilities may come as the company and the role expand.
The ideal candidate will perform all duties in a timely manner with great attention to detail and be able to work well both independently and in a collaborative team environment. This position will report to the Accounting Manager within the Accounting team.
What you'll be doing:
- Own AR collections process, including daily cash receipts, refund processing, bad debt, and customer inquiries
- Review sales orders and send invoices to customers as needed
- Work closely with Deal Desk to resolve billing errors and ensure that proper supporting documentation is obtained
- Participate in the monthly close process by preparing sales data uploads, journal entries, bank reconciliations, schedules, and analyses
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement trending analyses
- Maintain integrity of customer and sales data in billing systems
- Drive incremental process improvements and automation to improve efficiencies
- Participate in the year-end audit and tax preparations
- Perform ad hoc analyses and complete projects as needed
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of corporate accounting or public accounting experience
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Exceptional with Excel and other MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with NetSuite or comparable ERP system
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM system a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research discrepancies to solve problems
- Proven ability for clear and effective written / verbal communication
- Strong project management skills and understanding of financial & operational controls
- Ability to work independently, maintain tight deadlines, solve problems proactively
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
Flex Time Off
Work-life balance is important at Nitro, and we understand that there are events that we cannot plan for. We are proud to offer Flex Time Off to be used for holidays, spending days with your family, or appointments.
We will offer a flexible work environment forever. This hybrid approach allows our team the flexibility to work remotely and have access to in-person time for collaboration sessions and team offsites.
90 Days Away
We offer the opportunity for employees to travel and explore while working from anywhere. Employees can extend vacations and spend more time with family, and work from anywhere for up to 90 days.
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Nitro provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. #LI-DK1 #LI-Remote