Nitro is a global document productivity company accelerating digital transformation in a world that demands the ability to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. As a global player in the eSign and workflow productivity market, Nitro enables organisations to drive better business outcomes through 100% digital document processes and fast, efficient workflows. The Nitro Productivity Platform offers comprehensive SaaS business solutions, including highly secure eSigning and e-ID, powerful PDF productivity and industry-leading analytics, all supported by a superior customer success team. Nitro has over 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ Business Customers in more than 150 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco with nine global hubs.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
The Role: Nitro is looking for a MacOS Software Engineer to help us evolve our desktop products and services, and to assist in the creation of new and exciting products.
Are you the type of experienced engineer that creates architectural visions for product evolution? Do you stay up to date on the latest technologies? Are you fundamentally motivated to mentor other engineers? Is your idea of good work rooted in the idea of high quality, highly evolvable code? Are you a source of energy for your team? Is business impact and the need for prompt delivery foremost in your thoughts? If you answer is yes to these questions, then we would like to speak with you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with a no-bullshit tightly-knit engineering team to improve technical solutions that delight our users.
- Engaging with other engineers to resolve issues that challenge our users.
- Helping the advancement of our application architecture, our core technologies and our procedures and practices
- Implementing features that improve the experience of our products for our users
- Championing and exemplifying the writing of clear, concise, and well-tested code.
What we're looking for:
- A University Degree in computer science or related field.
- 5 years experience developing MacOS software
- Highly proficient with Objective-C
- Proficient with Swift
- Proficient with Cocoa Application Layer, Core Services & frameworks
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience interfacing with low-level C-based libraries.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Familiar with Git and Github code versioning tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Writing good automated unit tests and higher level tests.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to be part of a fast moving and dynamic company.
- A demonstrable affinity for ongoing learning.
Additional skills and experience that would be an added plus:
- Experience with modern C++
- Experience with other programming languages
- Experience developing iOS applications
- Experience developing with web technologies
- Experience with image processing, document processing or computer vision
- Experience with PDF and Microsoft Office object models.
How We Work:
Our mission is to help create, develop, and support an environment where great people come to do their best work. We believe there is a balance to strike between “work hard, play hard,” and we strive to improve in both areas every day.
We put our customers, employees, and communities at the center of everything we do. It all comes back to our core values:
- Be Good - Nitronauts are good humans with big hearts that are respectful and supportive of each other. We celebrate individuality and diversity and strive to foster an environment where people can be themselves and do their best work.
- Performance First - We like to challenge ourselves. We’re passionate about exceeding expectations and stepping outside our comfort zones to get to the next level. It’s our ambition that pushes us to work hard and deliver strong results.
- No B.S. - This one is self-explanatory, but we’re all about transparency, honesty, and authenticity here. We don’t beat around the bush; we tell it like it is.
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with competitive comp and equity, and in addition to our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
Flex Time Off
Work-life balance is important at Nitro, and we understand that there are events that we cannot plan for. We are proud to offer Flex Time Off to be used for holidays, spending days with your family, or appointments.
We will offer a flexible work environment forever. This hybrid approach allows our team the flexibility to work remotely and have access to in-person time for collaboration sessions and team offsites.
90 Days Away
We offer the opportunity for employees to travel and explore while working from anywhere. Employees can extend vacations and spend more time with family, and work from anywhere for up to 90 days.
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Nitro provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. #LI-Remote #LI-NS1 #gonitro