Nitro is a global document productivity company accelerating digital transformation in a world that demands the ability to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. As a global player in the eSign and workflow productivity market, Nitro enables organisations to drive better business outcomes through 100% digital document processes and fast, efficient workflows. The Nitro Productivity Platform offers comprehensive SaaS business solutions, including highly secure eSigning and e-ID, powerful PDF productivity and industry-leading analytics, all supported by a superior customer success team. Nitro has over 3 million licensed users and 13,000+ Business Customers in more than 150 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco with nine global hubs.
How We Work:
Our mission is to help create, develop, and support an environment where great people come to do their best work. We believe there is a balance to strike between “work hard, play hard,” and we strive to improve in both areas every day.
We put our customers, employees, and communities at the center of everything we do. It all comes back to our core values:
- Be Good - Nitronauts are good humans with big hearts that are respectful and supportive of each other. We celebrate individuality and diversity and strive to foster an environment where people can be themselves and do their best work.
- Performance First - We like to challenge ourselves. We’re passionate about exceeding expectations and stepping outside our comfort zones to get to the next level. It’s our ambition that pushes us to work hard and deliver strong results.
- No B.S. - This one is self-explanatory, but we’re all about transparency, honesty, and authenticity here. We don’t beat around the bush; we tell it like it is.
The Role: We are looking for a Payroll and Benefits Manager to join our Global People Team.
You will manage and scale Nitro’s global payroll and benefits functions as we continue to grow. Reporting to the Director of People, you will manage the US and global payroll processes (6+ payrolls, 350+ employees) by coordinating with payroll vendors, leveraging local and regional staff, providing clear standards and policies, and putting in place a support structure that ensures continuity and supports Nitro’s growth. This is a strategic but hands-on role that is expected to run day-to-day payroll and benefits operations, support new and existing pay programs, manage vendor contracts and relationships, and drive process standardization, automation, and improvement in the controls for payroll and ensures process efficiency and effectiveness.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop, implement, and manage payroll and benefits programs and processes across all geographies (health, life, disability insurance, retirement/pension programs, leave policies, mental health)
- Review and evaluate benefits programs that help us attract and retain top talent and holistically promote wellness while exercising sound financial stewardship
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing and reporting for all employee types and pay types around the globe (primary focus on USA) in compliance all US-federal and international legal & disclosure requirements
- Act as a primary payroll and benefits contact, working cross-functionally with other departments to discuss on potential issues, impacts, and solutions as they relate to payroll processing, benefits, accounting and/or tax and advise on needed actions.
- Partner with Finance and Equity Administration group to plan, process and advise on payroll and tax implications as it relates to equity compensation and vesting.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders including to ensure efficient plan administration and maintain employee confidence by providing excellent customer service and confidentiality in resolving issues and inquiries.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for Payroll and Benefits providers, vendors, and government authorities.
- Support the Finance team in annual and periodical activities in relation to cycle process including audits and implementing audit recommendations
- Build and maintain a good working knowledge of benefits legislation, industry standards, and best practices, incorporating standards into processes and procedures
- Facilitate new hire orientation and other payroll and benefits-related trainings and employee education and communications
- Other special projects and duties based on business needs
Who you are:
You work well in a fast-paced, but focused startup environment. You are self-motivated and are known to hit the ground running. You are highly organized, detailed, resourceful and have a great attitude. You will ideally have strong knowledge of US and international payroll and benefits (Canada, Europe), including compliance with US Federal and State taxes and understanding of international payroll laws and taxes.
What we’re looking for:
- Comprehensive payroll and benefits administration knowledge and expertise in US and Canada with understanding of global payroll legislation, with a minimum of 5+ years of experience as a payroll and benefits specialist, analyst and/or manager at a company of 300+ employees.
- Experience working in a public company and equity administration as it relates to payroll and taxes a huge asset.
- Demonstrable track record of flexibility, satisfaction of tight deadlines, management of competing priorities and above all excellent attention to detail
- Strong understanding and experience using HR and payroll systems, such as Paylocity, Payslip, BambooHR
- Strong proficiency in Excel, SharePoint, and Microsoft suite of products
- Knowledge and experience with US and international labor law, tax, and compliance as well as all federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, including COBRA, FMLA, and DOL/FLSA requirements
- Strong reasoning ability, attention to detail and process, deadline driven and work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely in oral and written form across teams
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization and uses diplomacy and discretion when dealing with sensitive employee payroll and benefit matters
- Thrives in a scale up environment where you are given freedom to take ownership, and you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Strong relationship building skills, can quickly establish trust, collaborate and develop a strong internal and external network. Experience of delivering results and consistently maintaining an exceptional level of customer service
- Ability to work with a high degree of personal integrity in a fast-paced, high growth, dynamic, fun environment
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field
- Interested and informed on emerging technologies, resourceful and always looking for improvement, automation, and efficiency in processes
Our goal is to empower our Nitronauts—to make an impact, work better together, and believe any goal is attainable. We take pride in the perks and benefits provided to employees that make their day-to-day lives more enjoyable and secure. Along with competitive comp and equity, and in addition to our regular benefits and programs (including health, dental, vision, retirement as standard), we are also very proud to offer a few additional initiatives to future Nitronauts:
Flex Time Off
Work-life balance is important at Nitro, and we understand that there are events that we cannot plan for. We are proud to offer Flex Time Off to be used for holidays, spending days with your family, or appointments.
We will offer a flexible work environment forever. This hybrid approach allows our team the flexibility to work remotely and have access to in-person time for collaboration sessions and team offsites.
90 Days Away
We offer the opportunity for employees to travel and explore while working from anywhere. Employees can extend vacations and spend more time with family, and work from anywhere for up to 90 days.
Nitro Resource Groups
Nitro supports our diverse group of Nitronauts who come together to celebrate their passions, share their unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions to make Nitro a more inclusive place to work.
Families @ Nitro
We have the opportunity and responsibility to ensure the well-being of our employees, which includes offering support when and where it matters most. From generous leave to fertility benefits, Nitro supports team members who may be on or considering a path to parenthood, whatever that looks like.
We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Nitro provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. #LI-DK1 #LI-Remote