Be Part of the Nitro Good Life
Nitro are hiring!
We are looking for C++ Engineers and looking for people who are not only developers but are also investigators, code divers, bug bashers and all round troubleshooters. If you like problem solving, puzzling out the whys and wherefores of complex systems then this job is for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with a no-bullshit tightly-knit engineering team to improve technical solutions that delight our users.
- Mentor and exemplify the principles of Test Driven Development or equivalent process to the team
- Troubleshooting issues that challenge our users.
- Implementing new features that will improve the experience of our products for our users
- Helping establish best engineering practices and mentoring others in their adoption.
- Owning the engineering of entire features and fixes.
- Writing clear, concise, and well-tested code
You will need:
- A University Degree in computer science or related field.
- Deep understanding of C++ with at least 6+ years’ experience working with the language. You will need to be up to speed on C++11 or later.
- Experience working with test methodologies such as TDD, BDD or equivalent in a C++ environment.
- Experience refactoring legacy code so that it can be more testable and more easily evolved.
- Experience working with Win32 and Win64 APIs.
- Substantial exposure to and, ideally, substantial experience of working with MFC and related libraries
- A natural ability to troubleshoot, investigate and solve software faults.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to be part of a fast moving and dynamic company.
- You need to be proficient with the STL and the Boost libraries.
- To recognize quality code and what is must be done to add that quality to legacy code
Additional skills and experience that would be an added plus:
- Experience with other programming languages
- Experience with image processing, document processing or computer vision
- Experience with PDF and Microsoft Word document models.
- Frontend skills including:
Who We Are: Our Beliefs
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents, and leading the digital transformation of the world’s largest companies. Today Nitro is the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat, and we’re leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform and eventually leverage artificial intelligence to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
- Nitro Engineering Mission and Values
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Hack Weeks!
- Paperwork sucks - we make people’s lives better
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
- Monopolies are bad
Nitro is a global document productivity software company accelerating digital transformation in a world that demands the ability to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. Nitro enables organizations to drive better business outcomes through 100% digital document processes and fast, efficient workflows. The Nitro Productivity Platform offers comprehensive business solutions, including powerful PDF productivity, unlimited eSigning and industry-leading analytics, all supported by a superior customer success team. Nitro has over 2.8 million licensed users and 13,000+ Business Customers in 155 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Toronto, Dublin, London, and Melbourne.
#LI-GB1 #LI-REMOTE #gonitro