Be Part of the Nitro Good Life
Who We Are: Our Beliefs
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents, and leading the digital transformation of the world’s largest companies. Today Nitro is the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat, and we’re leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform and eventually leverage artificial intelligence to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
- Nitro Engineering Mission and Values
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Paperwork sucks - we make people’s lives better
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
- Monopolies are bad
We are looking for a C++ Engineer and looking for people who are not only developers but are also investigators, code divers, bug bashers and all round troubleshooters. If you like problem solving, puzzling out the whys and wherefores of complex systems then this job is for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with a no-bullshit tightly-knit engineering team to improve technical solutions that delight our users.
- Mentor and exemplify the principles of Test Driven Development or equivalent process to the team
- Troubleshooting issues that challenge our users.
- Implementing new features that will improve the experience of our products for our users
- Helping establish best engineering practices and mentoring others in their adoption.
- Owning the engineering of entire features and fixes.
- Writing clear, concise, and well-tested code
You will need:
- A University Degree in computer science or related field.
- Deep understanding of C++ with at least 6+ years’ experience working with the language. You will need to be up to speed on C++11 or later.
- Experience working with test methodologies such as TDD, BDD or equivalent in a C++ environment.
- Experience refactoring legacy code so that it can be more testable and more easily evolved.
- Experience working with Win32 and Win64 APIs.
- Substantial exposure to and, ideally, substantial experience of working with MFC and related libraries
- A natural ability to troubleshoot, investigate and solve software faults.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to be part of a fast moving and dynamic company.
- You need to be proficient with the STL and the Boost libraries.
- To recognize quality code and what is must be done to add that quality to legacy code
Additional skills and experience that would be an added plus:
- Experience with other programming languages
- Experience with image processing, document processing or computer vision
- Experience with PDF and Microsoft Word document models.
Nitro is changing the way the world works with documents. As the global leader in document productivity solutions, Nitro enables people to work smarter every day with their documents, on the desktop and in the cloud. From PDF creation, conversion, editing and reviewing capabilities, to cloud-enabled workflows for secure sharing, collaboration and electronic signatures, Nitro offers best-in-class solutions that every knowledge worker in an organization should use to improve productivity, document security and corporate sustainability.
Founded in 2005, Nitro’s enterprise-grade solutions are now trusted by more than 650,000 leading businesses worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Software 500 award winner. Headquartered in San Francisco, Nitro also has offices in Dublin, Ireland and Melbourne, Australia.