Be Part of the Nitro Good Life
At Nitro we are looking to hire an Operations Security Lead to join us to help build, lead and champion our Operations Security Program and participate in the continued evolution of our overall Security strategy.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-sufficient and talented Operations Security Lead who can help build out a nascent Secure-by-default Operations Security strategy. We are looking for an innovator who strives to continuously iterate, improve and learn. The Security team at Nitro focuses on partnering with engineering groups throughout the company to create and deliver applications and services that are secure. Our work includes audits such as operations and infrastructure reviews, threat models and architecture reviews. We also build partnerships with our corporate IT team in defining security-related requirements and providing input on infrastructure and operations proposals. The team will also create tools and practices which will allow us to scale our work to cover a diverse and complex set of services across the broader organization.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assess the current state of Operations Security and set a high bar for the development of a scalable, secure-by-default OpSec strategy
- Contribute to the design of a Zero Trust corporate environment strategy
- Perform reviews ranging from architectural design to operations and cloud-based infrastructure reviews, providing actionable recommendations to make Nitro’s product, service and corporate infra environments more secure
- Help design and develop logging and monitoring operations improvements to scale security visibility and insight across the broader organization
- Help build solutions to secure and transfer valuable data through Nitro’s systems and services
- Be available on call to triage and respond to security alerts and potential incidents
- Provide technical leadership to junior members of the security organization
What You Must Have
- Five + years of experience in the Operations security space, including experience securing Cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with securing Containers/Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience writing code for security tooling and automation
- Strong security fundamentals knowledge and solid threat modelling and security architecture skills
- Experience utilizing infrastructure as code tools like Terraform
- A track record of contributing to projects from design to implementation and through maintenance
- Experience helping to design or improve security logging and monitoring strategies, including experience with modern observability platforms (like DataDog)
- Practical knowledge and experience working in public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- An interest in conceiving and building creative solutions to complex security problems and scaling the team’s impact through DevSecOps solutions
What Would Be Awesome To Also Have
- Documented contributions to the security community (conference talks, Open Source projects, viral memes, etc)
- Experience building and/or maintaining a Zero Trust corporate environment
- Experience or interest in leading teams
Who We Are
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible, and easy to prove – we believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission. We hire creative, intelligent, talented people. We build great products that delight our customers. And we are doing it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
It All Comes Back To Our Core Values
We put people at the centre of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact. Non-high performers need not apply.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory
We help the world work smarter and have plenty of fun while doing it! Come be part of the Nitro good life!
Nitro is a global document productivity software company driving digital transformation in organizations across multiple industries around the world. The Company’s core solution, the Nitro Productivity Suite™, provides integrated PDF productivity, eSignature, and business intelligence (BI) tools to customers through a horizontal, SaaS and desktop-based software suite. Nitro’s software solution is highly scalable, serving large multinational enterprises and government agencies, as well as small businesses and individual users. Nitro has sold over 2.6 million licenses and has 11,700 Business Customers in 154 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Dublin, Toronto, London, and Melbourne. #LI-GB1 #LI-Remote