Be Part of the Nitro Good Life
Who we are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
It comes back to one of our core values:
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact. Non-high performers need not apply.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory
Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible and easy to prove: We believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission: we hire creative, intelligent, talented people; we build great products that delight our customers; and we are doing it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
As Director, Deal Desk, you will be joining the Finance team in supporting a high growth fast paced Sales and Customer Success org. In this role, you will be reviewing non-standard terms within Enterprise Sales contracts to ensure they are approved by the necessary stakeholders and are not exposing Nitro to superfluous or unintended concessions and risk.
Your primary function will be to partner with Sales to structure contracts that mutually benefit Nitro and its Customers. Successful candidates will be problem solvers with strong interpersonal skills, allowing them to introduce healthy friction into deal negotiation while maintaining strong and productive rapport with the Sales team. Candidates will imperatively blend of finance, legal, and accounting acumen as well as general strong business judgement.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and build a global team that acts as a key enabler of deal formation and execution with a focus on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability, and/or market share based on business priorities
- Manage the execution of non-standard deal requests, structuring complex deals, driving cross-functional and cross solution collaboration and ensure revenue recognition requirements are managed
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Product, and Legal) to ensure that all deals align with corporate strategies and guidelines
- Drive best practices to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness via deal reviews, early checkpoint and enforcement of standard business practices and policies
- Establish metrics and processes to improve business visibility and consistency of practices across geographies
- You will ensure our Global Deal Desk teams receives communication and education on any upcoming system changes and drive adoption and collection.
- Identify regional nuance in process needs, familiarizing yourself with how and why another Deal Desk region works differently and ensure any nuances align with overall corporate Strategy.
- Business degree with accounting qualification or MBA
- 10+ years software industry experience, (Deal Desk, Finance, Sales operations experience preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple deals and tasks simultaneously and experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and propose necessary changes
- Comfortable communicating with Executive level decision makers
- Excellent business acumen and proven ability in commercial negotiations
- Some experience in software revenue recognition principles and have worked closely with finance/revenue teams
- Proven ability to manage teams across geographies
- Experience in contract management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations
- Great teamwork skills and collaboration skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel & Salesforce
Nitro is a global document productivity software company driving digital transformation in organizations across multiple industries around the world. The Company’s core solution, the Nitro Productivity Suite™, provides integrated PDF productivity, eSignature, and business intelligence (BI) tools to customers through a horizontal, SaaS and desktop-based software suite. Nitro’s software solution is highly scalable, serving large multinational enterprises and government agencies, as well as small businesses and individual users. Nitro has sold over 2.6 million licenses and has 11,700 Business Customers in 154 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Dublin, London, and Melbourne. #LI-JG1 #LI-Remote