Be Part of the Nitro Good Life
We're looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing Data team in Dublin. You will use your skills in data analytics, software development and big data processing to exploit our data and enable data driven decision making and automated intervention. The role has a strong focus on practical data analytics and the successful candidate will be skilled in preparing and delivering analyses that are actionable and can translate to a positive impact across our business.
What you'll be doing:
- Understanding and analysing our products, users and their use of our products to deliver actionable business insights
- Detailing and directing product engineering teams on where to instrument our products
- Working closely with a tightly knit team, helping to guide the development of our data platform
- Building data analytics products to deliver insights to our end users
- Working with massive data sets, you will build strong domain knowledge and help identify gaps in our data
- Using state of the art, cloud-based technologies primarily on AWS
- Helping to establish best practice and mentoring others
What we're looking for:
- BSc, MSc or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, delivering data insights
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Strong SQL skills and experience extracting datasets from disparate sources
- Good proficiency with a scientific computing language (Such as Python, R or Scala)
- Experience with analysis and visualization tools (Zeppelin, Tableau, SuperSet, QuickSight etc.)
- Enthusiasm, passion, strong collaboration skills and a desire to explore large datasets
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate:
- Experience with large-scale data processing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, EMR and data-pipelines and real time stream processing systems (Akka streams, NATS, Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming etc.)
- Experience connecting to and working with big data sources (incl. Salesforce)
- Interest in ML, natural language processing and text analysis
- Production experience with Scala or other functional programming languages
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis and data mining
- Blogging or presenting at conferences on data analytics topics
Who We Are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible, and easy to prove – we believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission. We hire creative, intelligent, talented people. We build great products that delight our customers. And we are doing it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
We put people at the centre of everything we do, both our customers and our employees. It all comes back to our core values:
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory
We help the world work smarter and have plenty of fun while doing it! Come be part of the Nitro good life!
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
Nitro is a global document productivity software company accelerating digital transformation in a world that demands the ability to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. Nitro enables organizations to drive better business outcomes through 100% digital document processes and fast, efficient workflows. The Nitro Productivity Platform offers comprehensive business solutions, including powerful PDF productivity, unlimited eSigning and industry-leading analytics, all supported by a superior customer success team. Nitro has over 2.8 million licensed users and 13,000+ Business Customers in 155 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Toronto, Dublin, London, and Melbourne.