Be Part of the Nitro Good Life
At Nitro we are looking to hire a Director of Security to join us to build, lead and champion our Security Team and take a lead role in the continued innovation of our Security strategy and drive a best in class security infrastructure.
Who We Are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible, and easy to prove – we believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission. We hire creative, intelligent, talented people. We build great products that delight our customers. And we are doing it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees. It all comes back to our core values:
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact. Non-high performers need not apply.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory
We help the world work smarter and have plenty of fun while doing it! Come be part of the Nitro good life!
As the Director of Security for Nitro, you will be empowered to set and implement our overall security strategy, including all elements of product, infrastructure, and corporate security. You will also guide our mission to implement a best-in-class governance, risk, and compliance program.
Security is foundational to Nitro’s products and earning the trust of our customers, which include 68% of the Fortune 500. In this position you will work across the business to ensure that tenants of our security strategy result in a comprehensive and an applied security posture across product development, service delivery and corporate domains prioritizing the protection of our organization and customer’s key assets. This role will also work with customers to represent our security strategy and give them confidence to trust and do business with Nitro.
You will play a pivotal role in building out the Security Org at Nitro, which will consist of four vectors: (1) Applications, (2) Infrastructure, (3) Corporate, and (4) Trust/Assurance (policy).
Your responsibilities will include a wide variety of security work - including process and technology stack improvements, security-conscious software development, external and internal customer engagement, and product security roadmap implementation.
The team under the Director of Security will include:
- Security Engineering Lead
- Application/Product security
- Security research
- Corporate Security Lead
- Company-wide security operations
- Compliance and Trust Lead
- Governance, risk, and compliance program
- Customer security assurance
What You Will Be Doing:
- Define the vision, roadmap and plans with executive management to drive our security goals
- Manage a team of security professionals to deliver a comprehensive security posture across product, infrastructure, corporate security and compliance
- Evaluate, enhance, and oversee the company's information security and risk management strategy, methodologies, policies, awareness programs, and security goals and metrics
- Lead security awareness procedures and training & ensure communication and compliance globally
- Manage third party risks and regular assessments ensuring our security posture is maintained
- Drive security product management from planning to delivery and continuous iteration
- Ensure that security is embedded in the project delivery process by providing appropriate information security policies, practices, and guidelines
- Engage customers, partners and internal stakeholders to determine business requirements, technical considerations and strategic objectives
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure a harmonized security posture across our environment
- Monitor the external threat environment for emerging threats and advise on the appropriate action
- Establish key performance metrics to measure information security, including leading indicators to identify and eliminate future security risks
- Present to the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors on our security program's status, material matters related to the program, and emerging security risks posed to the business
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience building cyber security solutions (at least 5 years must be in a senior leadership role)
- A leader with a sense of purpose and conviction – you know who you are, what you believe, and why
- Broad comparative understanding of complex platforms, distributed systems, and specific implementations; especially from a computer security perspective
- A strong orchestrator across different security disciplines
- Strong technical, architecture, and threat model experience
- Strong background in secure SDLC with complex workflows
- Deep experience with cloud security practices, including tooling, strategy, and methodology; with 5+ years of experience in AWS security preferred
- Deep knowledge of information security technologies, compliance and regulatory matters, information governance and privacy best practices
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, GDPR, CCPA, SOC 2, and HIPAA, as well as those from NIST, including 800-53 and Cybersecurity Framework
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- A strong ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing
- A leader with the ability to inspire and grow the members of the security team
- Bachelor's degree in cybersecurity, engineering, information technology, or a related discipline
Nitro is a global document productivity software company driving digital transformation in organizations across multiple industries around the world. The Company’s core solution, the Nitro Productivity Suite™, provides integrated PDF productivity, eSignature, and business intelligence (BI) tools to customers through a horizontal, SaaS and desktop-based software suite. Nitro’s software solution is highly scalable, serving large multinational enterprises and government agencies, as well as small businesses and individual users. Nitro has sold over 2.6 million licenses and has 11,700 Business Customers in 154 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Dublin, London, and Melbourne. #LI-GB1