Be Part of the Nitro Good Life
Who we are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
It comes back to one of our core values:
· High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact. Non-high performers need not apply.
· Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
· No BS – this one is self-explanatory
Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible and easy to prove: We believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission: we hire creative, intelligent, talented people; we build great products that delight our customers; and we are doing it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our growing Global Finance Team! You will be an integral part of our Order-to-Cash cycle, in collaboration with the accounting team and other departments. In particular, you will be involved in the Sales Orders, Accounts Receivable, and Revenue Recognition functions. Additional responsibilities may come as the company and the role expand.
The ideal candidate will perform all duties in a timely manner with great attention to detail and be able to work well both independently and in a collaborative team environment. This position will report to the Accounting Manager within the Accounting team.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform Sales Order quality control and review transactions setup for revenue recognition. Work closely with Deal desk to ensure proper support and documentation are obtained
- Participate in the monthly revenue close process; record revenue related journal entries; complete revenue related account reconciliations
- Own AR collections process including daily cash receipts, refund processing, and bad debt
- Preparing journal entries, bank reconciliations, schedules and analyses
- Balance Sheet and Income Statement trending analysis
- Drive incremental process improvements and automation to improve efficiencies
- Participate in the year-end audit and tax preparations
- Assist in analyzing period-end results
- Performing ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of related accounting experience or public accounting experience
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Exceptional with Excel and other MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with NetSuite or comparable ERP system
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM system a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research discrepancies to solve problems
- Proven ability for clear and effective written / verbal communication
- Strong project management skills and understanding of financial & operational controls
- Ability to work independently, maintain tight deadlines, solve problems proactively
Nitro is a global document productivity software company driving digital transformation in organizations around the world across multiple industries. The
Company’s core solution, the Nitro Productivity Suite, provides integrated PDF productivity, eSignature and business intelligence (BI) tools to customers through a horizontal, SaaS and desktop-based software suite. Nitro’s software solution is highly scalable, serving large multinational enterprises and government agencies, as well as small business and individual users. Nitro has over 2 million licenses sold, and over 11,000 business customers in 144 countries around the world, including global market leaders across multiple industries, over 65% of the 2019 Fortune 500, and two of the 2019 Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Dublin, Toronto and Melbourne. #LI-JG1