Who We Are:
Nitro is a global document productivity software company driving digital transformation in organizations around the world. Founded in Melbourne in 2005 with a vision to make document productivity easy, powerful, and available to all, Nitro is building the first global Document Productivity Platform to help customers drive better business outcomes through enhanced digital document processes and workflows.
Through its three core products — Nitro Pro, Nitro Sign and Nitro Analytics —the Nitro Suite improves productivity by making it more efficient to create, convert, share, sign, and collaborate on documents digitally — anywhere, anytime.
Nitro has over 11,000 business customers across 154 countries and has been deployed at scale throughout some of the world’s largest and best-known organizations.
Nitro is building a world-class SaaS business with sales, support, and service to match it.
About the Role:
As Head of Legal & Compliance, you will report to our CFO and will be a key member of the executive team. You will lead the legal and compliance functions and be responsible for providing day-to-day guidance on legal issues and risk mitigation strategies as well as developing assuring compliance with policies and regulations in all aspects and levels across Nitro. Our ideal candidate is an attorney with strong business and strategic acumen who has the ability to translate complex legal principles into practical and effective business solutions.
What You’ll Achieve
- Create, review, and implement compliance-related controls, policies, and standards
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Nitro’s controls and programs
- Conduct periodic compliance risk assessments
- Recommend processes and tools to facilitate adherence to policies and standards
- Enhance compliance awareness and deliver training programs
- Liaise with external counsel on compliance matters
- Conduct investigations as needed
- Advise on corrective and preventative measures based on root cause analyses from investigations, such as risk-based business enhancements, mitigation strategies, and training
- Engage with regulators and auditors as required
- JD from an accredited law school and U.S-qualified (California bar membership or California registered in-house counsel preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in compliance with an understanding of how to structure and scale an effective compliance program
- Prior in-house experience required
- Experience in international trade compliance and ABAC
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work cross-functionally with lawyers and non-lawyers alike
- Track record of taking initiative, having the ability to work independently, and handle multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Excellent legal and business judgment with the ability both to assess and communicate risks to business partners in a clear and actionable fashion
Nitro is a global document productivity software company driving digital transformation in organizations across multiple industries around the world. The Company’s core solution, the Nitro Productivity Suite provides integrated PDF productivity, eSignature, and business intelligence (BI) tools to customers through a horizontal, SaaS and desktop-based software suite. Nitro’s software solution is highly scalable, serving large multinational enterprises and government agencies, as well as small businesses and individual users. Nitro has sold over 2.6 million licenses and has 11,700 Business Customers in 154 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Dublin, London, and Melbourne.